Sunday Dinner - 8/14/16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Schweinebraten mitt rotkohl und spaetzel.:yum: The pork butt is coated with oil, caraway seeds, salt and pepper. It sets for 1 hour and roasts over a bed of coarsely chopped onions and carrots (German soul food!) covered. Then uncovered for a couple more hours.

The second half of the Costco rotisserie chicken and another spinach and mushroom salad with raspberry walnut vinaigrette.

The plan was to make tuna casserole, then after a long search of the cupboard, I found out we have no cream of mushroom soup. So it may be chicken salad with dried cranberries.

Was going to treat my brother to a rib eye for his birthday but he poked himself in the eye while clearing brush at his cabin. I brought some steaks home and now he isn't coming. I'm still having rib eye, corn on the cob from a stand across the street, green beans.....

Was going to treat my brother to a rib eye for his birthday but he poked himself in the eye while clearing brush at his cabin. I brought some steaks home and now he isn't coming. I'm still having rib eye, corn on the cob from a stand across the street, green beans.....

Tell your brother he shouldn't do that anymore. I would be happy to stand in for him, just give me about 18 hours.

The plan was to make tuna casserole, then after a long search of the cupboard, I found out we have no cream of mushroom soup. So it may be chicken salad with dried cranberries.

Dawg, didn't you also buy the mushroom BTB? You can make your own soup and it's better!!

The SC played on the train today so he came home with Gyro's for dinner.:yum:

Pressing our little griddler into service for tonight's' meal. Love that handy, capable appliance.

We're having teriyaki grilled lamb chops, grilled zucchini, a tiny bowl of leftover mashed potatoes, and iced tea.

The chops smell sooo good right now. Promise of something tasty.

Fixin' to throw a pork shoulder steak on the Weber. A simple dry rub of kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and a little Penzeys BBQ 3000. I made a cole slaw this morning, so that will be the side. Lots of iced tea with lemon to wash it all down.

Dawg, didn't you also buy the mushroom BTB? You can make your own soup and it's better!!

No, I have the lobster, chicken, and beef BTB. For some reason, tuna casserole for me needs cream of mushroom soup!

Chicken salad was good though, DH had 2+ servings.

006.JPG

Making this again:
Shallow Fried Chicken, bone in-skin on (Cooking Light recipe, MMM)
a nice heaping serving of Summer Slaw (love this new recipe I've found)
and some Cherry Jello with fresh Cherries in it and Redi-wip on top for dessert later

No, I have the lobster, chicken, and beef BTB. For some reason, tuna casserole for me needs cream of mushroom soup!

Chicken salad was good though, DH had 2+ servings.

You need to get the mushroom BTB also Dawg. I love the stuff and use it as much as the beef or chicken. It's really delicious. :yum: I got mine at jet.com if you don't want to hunt it down at a grocery.
My collection is beef, chicken, mushroom, lobster and ham.

Last edited:

I was riding up in the cupola of this caboose:)

Attachments

• atsf_999570.jpg.jpg
    atsf_999570.jpg.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 116
You need to get the mushroom BTB also Dawg. I love the stuff and use it as much as the beef or chicken. It's really delicious. :yum: I got mine at jet.com if you don't want to hunt it down at a grocery.
My collection is beef, chicken, mushroom, lobster and ham.

Indeed, Kay! I'll need to hunt it down. Our grocers here definitely won't have it. Usually I just powder up my dried porchinis for extra mushroom flavor.

Dang, you just inspired me to make clam chowdah with the lobster BTB tomorrow....

Looks like fun, Souschef!

Kgirl, I really would like to take a bite out of that chicken!

Last edited:
Why is it when I think a dinner will be quick and easy, it takes me half the day? :huh:

We had a fresh corn-off-the-cob and tomato salad, with the last of the Farmer's cheese and (too much *cough cough*) chipotle pepper. Also, shrimp salad sandwiches on brioche rolls with arugula. I added a couple slices of avocado to mine, and a few more on the side. Himself passed on the avo and had mango instead. He is welcome of ALL of the mango!

Took me FORever to take the tiny bit of shell off of 70+ shrimp. Need to plan better next time. :LOL:

Attachments

• 2016-08-14 21.45.38.jpg
    2016-08-14 21.45.38.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 121
Well, I was going to make some hamburger and add some taco seasoning to it, so I could have a beef and bean burrito for supper, but it's still so hot, I'm not sure when I'm going to do that.

I'm seriously thinking if going out and grabbing something from McDonald's instead so I don't have to cook.

Late start...just got three pounds of pork neck bones into the pressure cooker, going to make some posole. I'm up all night, so soup at 2 am is okay.

Took me FORever to take the tiny bit of shell off of 70+ shrimp. Need to plan better next time. :LOL:

Do you have one of these https://www.everythingkitchens.com/...utm_term=STP&gclid=CIXurMeUw84CFZAAaQodc9sOuQ

There are fancier ones out there, but this one mostly gets it done. Even if it doesn't always pull the vein out, it opens up the back to where it's easily accessible to fingers. The other alternative is to buy bigger shrimp and cut them up if you want small pieces. I know bigger shrimp are more expensive, but sometimes worth it if you don't want to spend your time cleaning shrimp.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom