Sunday Dinner - 8/14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Pan-Seared Rib Eye, Sweet Potato Fries,
Steamed Asparagus, Sweet Baby Ray's
on the side...

Steak, Rib Eye 8-14-22.jpg

I tried something I was curious about. It was a store bought, frozen bag of tandoori seasoned chicken drumsticks. It had been cooked sous-vide. DH doesn't like chicken dark meat, so I defrosted the drumsticks and let a chicken breast marinate with the drumsticks for a while. Then I baked it until the chicken breast was up to safe temperature. Some of the drumsticks did get a bit dark, but not quite burnt. It was really good. There was also some vegis I pulled out of the freezer that I fried up with onion and Madras curry paste. Then I add some coconut milk and some frozen peas. Brown basmati rice to round out the meal and soak up the sauces.

Tandoori chicken breast, Indian inspired vegis, and brown basmati rice.jpg Tandoori chicken drumstick, Indian inspired vegis, and brown basmati rice.jpg

We were not hungry after the bruschetta feast late in the afternoon so allow did was snack.

It was supposed to be a birthday celebration for my son, and youngest grandson as they share their birth dates. It was grilled ribeye for son and DIL, with top sirloin for the rest of us. I, my son, grandaughter, and youngest grandson like rare to mediun rare, with DIL wanting just a touch of pink, and oldest grandon liking medium well.

My son discovered what I've known for a while, his thermometer is way off. He pulled the steaks at 120' F., and let them rest, final temp on the ribeyes reading 133. However, every steak was well done, grey all the way through. The fresh baked bread was very crusty, and the green beans were overcooked. I recomended a good stay in the meat remote thermometer.

On the plus side, the rhubarb pie was really good.

Oh how I miss the days when I'd cook aged ribeyes, bone in, for everyone on the Webber Kettle, using a good remote digital thermometer. They came out so great that on one occasion, before I'd serve anyone, I told my family that they had to prove to me that they were carnivores, and howl like wolves. Everyone howled after seeing the steaks on a platter. That was fun.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I decided it was more noble to eat leftover pizza so I could make strawberry ice cream rather than make fresh food for supper.

Now I'm out of both leftovers and excuses! :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom