Sunday Dinner 8-21-16 Any Outdoor Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a treat, some one special served me sour kraut and bratwurst ( the white ones) and it was heaven. Then I was taken out for dinner at a local kebab place and that was lovely too.
Such a great sunday

Some good looking dinners here again. s&p, could you please pass a couple of those fish fillets? :yum:

I made a half portion of the Picadillo recipe Kayelle had posted last week. Tweaked it a bit due to inventory - the only tomato sauce in stock was a 29-oz can. Needed 8 ounces. Opted to use a 10-oz can of Ro-Tel tomatoes with chilis. Whooo-wee! Himself loved it. I wish I had chilled a beer. :LOL: Greatly reduced the cumin since it gives me indigestion. And substituted lard for olive oil because I had it on hand and it's something that would be used in Cuba. Yum, yum, YUM! Served it up with onion rice and black beans. Himself thought he had died and gone to culinary heaven. Just wait until tomorrow...leftover corn chowder (which he could live without) and a salad that uses quinoa. Won't he be surprised. :brows:

So glad you both liked the Picadillo also! Several of my local friends have also tried it for the first time and everyone has loved it, including one who completely eliminated the cumin because she hates it. IMO the wine is definitely mandatory for the recipe. :yum:

WOW, what great looking dinner pics, all! Too many good ones to respond to each one! Everyone ate very well yesterday.

Beautiful roasted chile peppers, Kay and GG. :yum:

Mine was nothing remarkable, but it was good. Just an asparagus, mushroom and spinach omelet, and some cantaloupe on the side. :)

Awesome dinners everyone!

I went to visit my dad last night and on the way picked up a nice 2.5 lb hunk of tri tip and used his charcoal grill out at his townhouse patio (despite HOA regulations, screw them) to grill this piece of meat to a nice medium rare. Rubbed with S&P and garlic powder, kept flipping the meat frequently over direct heat, and about 20 minutes later plus a bit of resting it came out perfect. Who needs a sous vide machine?

Last edited:
Awesome dinners everyone!

I went to visit my dad last night and on the way picked up a nice 2.5 lb hunk of tri tip and used his charcoal grill out at his townhouse patio (despite HOA regulations, screw them) to grill this piece of meat to a nice medium rare. Rubbed with S&P and garlic powder, kept flipping the meat frequently over direct heat, and about 20 minutes later plus a bit of resting it came out perfect. Who needs a sous vide machine?

Glad to hear you and your Dad enjoyed rare TT together and left the rest of the "well done" family at home. ;):chef:

About those HOA regulations, I agree, and it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom