Sunday Dinner 8/8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Seared Prime Rib & Rice Au Jus , Steamed Broccoli under a Cheddar Blanket............

Prime Rib 8-8-21.jpg

Tried a new recipe from Serious Eats tonight, Grilled Curry Chicken Kebabs.

We had it with a side of coleslaw.

339918B7-E48F-406E-B326-CCA71507D0AD_1_105_c.jpg

I made bachelor surprise. I used my usual frozen, Asian stir fry mix of vegis plus some frozen carrots, corn, beans, and peas, ground pork, chopped onion, and minced garlic. I made the stir fry sauce I tried out last Monday, with some changes - took out the sugar and I added some ginger juice. I served it with brown basmati rice. That sauce, with improvements, worked well. It was a tasty meal.

Bachelor surprise with ground pork and stir fry sauce with ginger and garlic, and brown rice.jpg

Just grazing tonight. Had some ten year aged cheddar, some freshly smoked wild rainbow that my son both caught, and smoked, with Townhouse crackers, some whole dill, and sweet pickles, a few black olives, a few Castelvetrano pitted olives, and a pic of devil's food cake with German chocolate icing, all washed down with rice milk. This directly after a hot shower. Now, after eating a cold supper, and drinking ice cold rice milk, I'm a little chilled. Kinda wish I had some steaming spaghetti with a good ragu.:LOL:

It rained prett6y good here and cooled everything
down. We badly needed the rain. There was a big, say 350 lb. mule deer buck with a nice rack of antlers, still in velvet, right in the front yard, grazing on new growth. It was something to see, and only about 20 feet away. We stayed inside and watched it through the windows, so as not to spook it. That was quite unexpected, and a delight. That buck was big. How it hasn't been hunted yet, I don't know. Sometimes, you just want to hunt with a camera. The only hunting I've ever done was for meat, not a trophy, and not to just be killing something. But that's how I roll.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
Grilled ribeye, salad, and mashed potatoes for me. Mom is still on her grilled cheese and tomato for evening meal. We had steaks and potatoes for lunch yesterday also.

Grilled pork chops stuffed with a mixture of sautéed prosciutto bits, dried cherries, Asiago cheese and bread crumbs; crostini with pesto, chopped tomatoes and Parmigiano Reggiano cheese; and roasted vegetables topped with feta cheese. Dee-lish! 20210808_195146.jpg20210808_195420.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom