Sunday Dinner Dec. 15th.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At least grab a package or two of cookie dough from the refrigerated section of the grocery store!

How do those square lumps of dough know they are supposed to become round when they bake? :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Those are surprisingly good, aren't they?

Say what?
I've never seen them. Are they by the frozen peas and corn? That's the only time I stroll through the frozen foods. When I am looking for the peas and corn :LOL:

Ah, thanks.
I buy pop up biscuits now and then. I'll have to look for them. I would think they would be by those.

The store brand sugar cookie dough is pretty decent, you don't even have to get Pillsbury.

I can control the number of cookies that come into the house

I used to buy those cookies at Valentines, Easter, Christmas, etc.... with rabbits, pumpkins, snowmen, whatevers, imbedded... that you sliced off as much as you needed. They were in the tubes. Then I could cook maybe six at a time in my ancient toaster oven. How ever much I wanted to slice off. But....

now they are only available on little trays already sliced, at double the price, for half the amount. So although I didn't mind splurging once in a while, this... I call gouging, ergo, I would rather go without.

So I rarely bake cookies anymore. As I would eat them out of the bowl, off the cookie sheet.... arghhh! Plus I almost never buy them (never say never!!!!)

I used to buy those cookies at Valentines, Easter, Christmas, etc.... with rabbits, pumpkins, snowmen, whatevers, imbedded... that you sliced off as much as you needed. They were in the tubes. Then I could cook maybe six at a time in my ancient toaster oven. How ever much I wanted to slice off. But....

now they are only available on little trays already sliced, at double the price, for half the amount. So although I didn't mind splurging once in a while, this... I call gouging, ergo, I would rather go without.

So I rarely bake cookies anymore. As I would eat them out of the bowl, off the cookie sheet.... arghhh! Plus I almost never buy them (never say never!!!!)

I've gotten big tubs of raw cookie dough from local youth group fundraisers (Boy Scouts maybe?). The chocolate chip was good. They also had some more exotic stuff like macadamia chocolate, etc.

Nope. Never made cookies. I don't bake much. That's why I was a bit surprised nobody said anything when I made New England style hot dog buns last week. That was the first time I've baked anything (using flour) in probably a year :ohmy: :LOL:

Well, for better or for worse I'll be having pizza shortly.
Made in my toaster oven no less.

I really didn't realize you don't bake...with all the good looking food you fix it never occured to me.

Baking is waaaay outisde my comfort zone. Especially with a squirrely oven. Plus I just hate flour. It's so messy :LOL:

Just don't take pics of the flour mess...I have a drawer that I keep all my baking gadgets in, I bet there is a half inch of flour in the bottom.

Breakfast for dinner here tonight also Let's Cook.

Just sounded good....Jimmy Dean sage sausage made into patties, over easy eggs on hash brown patties.
Wish I had some cookies everybody is talking about.

I've gotten big tubs of raw cookie dough from local youth group fundraisers (Boy Scouts maybe?). The chocolate chip was good. They also had some more exotic stuff like macadamia chocolate, etc.

You can also get the big tub of toll house cookie dough at .......wait for it...................
Costco! Lol!

You can also get the big tub of toll house cookie dough at .......wait for it...................
Costco! Lol!

Oh, geez, sure, Bunny, you had to add something else to The List! :LOL:

Thanks!

Last edited:
At least grab a package or two of cookie dough from the refrigerated section of the grocery store!

How do those square lumps of dough know they are supposed to become round when they bake? :ermm::ohmy::LOL:
I seldom bake cookies. My problem isn't the cookie dough, it's that I forget about the cookies and burn them.

Soup here too. I defrosted some leek and potato soup and made grilled cheese - gruyere, open faced, broiled in the toaster oven. We had bacon with that. I cooked a pound of bacon in the oven, and just like with cookies, I burnt about 1/3 of it. Only have about 6 slices of cooked bacon in the fridge.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom