Sunday dinner, Jan. 13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am going to make a pot of beef/vegtable soup and homemade yeast rolls.

Supposed to snow later - bah!

hot and spicy rice, with the Lamb version of salisbury steaks, and sliced Avocado done in lime and salt.

Meatballs, bracciole and red gravy over rigatoni. Tossed salad with nasty winter tomatoes :mad:, and italian and sausage bread from Clemente bakery.

chicken tikka over salad with hearts of palm, cucumber, red pepper, alvacado,tomato and a balsamic red pepper dressing. creamy tomato soup for a side dish.

Pizza day here. One with spinach and roasted garlic, one with fresh mozz, basil and tomatoes with a side salad. Already made some oatmeal cookies since I was up so early.

Well guys, after umpteen years, I am cooking our anniversary dinner instead of going out:LOL: All the kids and grandkids will be here so it is NOT going to be anything fancy...DH has asked fo pulled pork sammies with a bbq sauce he loves,grilled onions and shredded cheese on top..So that is what he is getting along with Italian wedding soup, and a salad of diced apples,bananas,avocado,celery,pears,watermelon,cantaloupe,toasted pine nuts,on a bed of arugula with a citrus vinegrette..Dessert is panna cotta with a raspberry coulis...
have a wonderful sunday everyone.
kadesma;)

Well, I wasn't hungry this morning when I read this post and I'm still not hungry.... so I have no idea what I'm going to have tonight.
I made up Ol-Blue's melt in your mouth meatloaf last night, which was more than excellent, reheated a couple slices with the leftover peas, home fries and some scrambled eggs for brunch (the eggs were kept separate), then I've managed to make myself a cold meatloaf sandwich every third time I've pass through the kitchen this afternoon...... which must have been about nine times :rolleyes:..... maybe I'll jsut have a big salad tonight during halftime. With loads of blue cheese. I'm sure I'll have had another sandwich by then anyway :LOL:

I'm tired of leftovers but the car is still DEAD DEAD DEAD... and I can't get to the store..

so.. canned soup or more old leftovers.

Tired of leftovers?!
If they were good enough to save in the first place, they must be good enough to eat again ;)
I'm a big fan of meals I can eat for a few days or freeze :)

We're having pork 'n stuffing bake, which is browned pork chops topped with leftover stuffing (in the freezer from the Christmas turkey) topped with a mixture of cream of chicken soup and milk, topped with more stuffing and baked. We'll have some sort of green veggie, probably buttered peas because they are one of Buck's favorites. Don't know if we'll have dessert. If anything, it'll be some of the last Christmas candy.

I went fishy today. Fish soup, fried fish for the main coarse with side of mashed potato and salad. No desert.

still under the weather. nothing tastes good. so had chocolate milk for am. four bites of half a grilled cheese for dinner. had a hard time even that much or i forgot a quarter of a banana.

babetoo

Happy Anniversary, Kadesma!

Here we're having turkey burgers with red onion marmalade and dijon. Twice baked potatoes on the side.
Thanks Flourgirl,
it was wonderful with all my kids and grandkids..Everything tasted great...
kadesma:)

Roasted duck!!! YUM!!! First time to try duck and I love it! Wild rice and steamed green beans.

Back
Top Bottom