Sunday Dinner - June 12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ma's Sunday is off and runing:LOL: it's prime rib,garlic mashed potatoes, greencbeans with brown butter, big green salad , home made herb rolls, melon icy cold and sweet, and chocolate bundt cake frosted with dark chocolate and vanilla ice cream.
kadesma

I made a new recipe tonight using the ribs of Swiss Chard from my garden. I found the recipe here and thought it was just plain yummy! Butter, cream, salt, pepper and sauteed chard ribs over pasta. I made salmon croquettes to go with it, which I think went well. Large fresh cherries for dessert later.

Did I mention the chard was from the garden? *happy dances*

~Kathleen

We had a really late lunch of scrambled eggs with cheese, bacon and mayo rolls. We ate around 2pm! No one was really hungry so the BBQ chicken will get cooked another night. I'll just set out the cold cuts and cheese and let folks make sandwiches whenever they want.

homemade pizza with sausage, ham, black olives, mushrooms. Made the dough in the bread maker - wilted lettuce salad with tomatos and bacon. Grew the lettuce on the deck. Had to buy the tomatos, ours arent ripe yet.

Scrambled eggs with shallot shoots, back bacon, and Mexican cheese with salsa.

Cheddar Wurst on homemade hotdog buns warm from the oven. Served with potato salad.

Attachments

• image-3854602558.jpg
    image-3854602558.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 170
homemade pizza with sausage, ham, black olives, mushrooms. Made the dough in the bread maker - wilted lettuce salad with tomatos and bacon. Grew the lettuce on the deck. Had to buy the tomatos, ours arent ripe yet.

That sounds great! Picture???

Cheddar Wurst on homemade hotdog buns warm from the oven. Served with potato salad.

That looks great! Do you have a favorite bun recipe?

Kathleen said:
That sounds great! Picture???

That looks great! Do you have a favorite bun recipe?

Thanks, Kathleen!
Alas, I do not have a favorite bun recipe this is only the second time I have attempted burger/dog buns. This time I used the much acclaimed, allrecipes recipe that has been mentioned here in the bread thread. (my opinion.......nnngh) I couldn't find the recipe that I used last time which IMO was much better. (can't remember if I got it online or out of one of my books). If I find it I will post it appropriately.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom