Sunday Dinner - May 20/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm about to grill a steak (it's a new week, I can have red meat again!), a side of steamed broccoli, and for dessert, cantaloupe.
Added some stir-fried rice (leftover cilantro-lime rice from the other night) and dressed the broccoli with ume-sui (vinegar made from the brine of pickled umeboshi--which are, as I understand it pickled ume plums with shiso). I rubbed the steak with pepper and salt, panned fried it with some green pepper, onions, and mushrooms (I got so distracted by trying to plan the new kitchen configuration, I didn't feel like firing up the grill). And, I didn't do anything fancy re: the cantaloupe. Bah!

Attachments

• CWS_2012_05_20.jpg
    CWS_2012_05_20.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 136
Had the sister-in-law over for dinner. Made cubed pork braised with mushrooms and onions in red wine vinegar and seasoned with a tiny bit of rosemary, and black and white pepper. Roasted red potatoes coated in a little olive oil and a hint of balsamic vinegar, sprinkled with a little garlic, salt and finely ground dried rosemary. Steamed fresh green beans.

I wasn't sure how the pork would turn out because I hadn't made it like this before but it sounded good in my head and the sis-in-law liked the sound of it so we went for it. It was really good. I'll definitely be making it again.

The rain has started here today after a week of sunshine. I spent several hours this afternoon finishing planting the garden (in the rain) so it felt like a comfort food kind of day and ...............that tater tot casserole thread has been calling my name for days. I had the same brand jarred Alfredo sauce( that the OP used) in the pantry. I added some green, yellow and red peppers and some corn. We are just having salad and artisan bread with it, oh and a nice glass of homemade Cabernet.

The weather was good so we worked in the garden. I did simple brined and smoked chook.
img_1140757_0_2ff0d3f537ce47c9b3791b437ec385a2.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom