Sunday dinner November 4, what's cookin?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just got a panini grill, trying it out today. Will be making pork tenderloin/ham panini's with grilled onions/portabellas, swiss cheese,- onion rings and blueberry/cake dessert.

Last edited:
We had a potluck Hallowe'en lunch at work, and I made WAY TOO much of my world famous Italian Sausage & Peppers, so I am going to have that for dinner today, over Conchiglie.

I've got a beautiful piece of chuck roast sitting in the fridge, waiting to be browned and braised to make the season's first pot roast. I'm going to put onions and carrots in with it, but I'm going to try it with mashed potatoes rather than potatoes cooked with the roast - I saw that here somewhere, and it sounded good :chef:

Since we will be watching the Patriot's game I thought I would do munchie type foods. Chicken wings with apricot sesame sauce, my version of guacamole, mini pizzas. Bloody Mary's for me probably a beer for him.

Family Sunday once again:)
We are having shrimp boil,I also picked up 8 crabs and 4 lbs of king crab legs to dip in a garlic butter, for the shrimp will be making the sauce that Qsis posted with the shrimp boil recipe...Lots of warm crusty Italian bread, a big green salad and a platter of grapes, melon, apple slices and some pasta with Alfredo for the kids and chicken fingers...made a batch of brownies and have vanilla bean ice cream to go with the brownies..Have a great Sunday everyone.
kadesma:)

the season's first pot roast.
That will be coming SOON at hour house! You will LOVE the mashed potatoes with it too versus cooked with.

I'm going to make the season's first meatloaf - my way. :chef:

Oh, I forgot - we're also having mashed potatoes to go with the portbello mushroom/bourbon gravy (Uncle Bob - I'll serve your gravy in a glass :cool:) and I had a request for peas - so peas it will be!!

Last edited:
That will be coming SOON at hour house! You will LOVE the mashed potatoes with it too versus cooked with.

I'm going to make the season's first meatloaf - my way. :chef:
Gil is hinting for meatloaf, want to share YOUR WAY? I am the pits making meat loaf..Need lotsa help:LOL:

kades

In a little while I'll start a pot of spaghetti sauce made the way we had it when I was a child. It's made by browning country-style pork ribs, then adding chopped onions, garlic and just about every kind of canned tomato product imaginable, along with oregano and parsley and a couple cans of mushrooms. Set to simmer for several hours and serve over pasta. It won't be long before the house will be smelling yummy.

I have a bunch of veggies. I think I want to make some sort of Asian Salad, maybe put a little bit of noodles in it and/or shrimp. Katie, I'm just starting a big pot of marinara so I can have some in the freezer during the busy Holidays coming up. I can't wait for the smell to start bubbling up!

We went out to lunch after church with two other couples. I had 1/2 salad since I'm making most of our dinner to celebrate birthdays for my dd and sil. I'm roasting a pork tenderloin, sweet potato casserole, roast asparagus, and some biscuits I found in my grocery freezer, Mrs B's tea biscuits. Mrs. B was my mother's neighbor until a few months ago when she retired. The biscuits are delicious - about half the size of a normal biscuit. DD is bringing a salad and a yellow cake with chocolate buttercream icing.

Today is a lazy day - Mom wants a chili-dog with lots of grated cheddar and french fries (she loves those frozen oven-fried things) and a 7-Up. I'm going to "nuke" some leftover pizza and have a couple of cold brews while watching the Cowboys game.

I'm having the turkey tenderloin that I've tried to re-season in a ton of stuff, with carrots, onions and taters.

Thinking about getting the sourdough starter going for this season's batch of friendship bread.

I made a roast chicken stuffed with herbs and lemon, with roast veggies, dressing and green beans. The house smells like thanksgiving morning......

Pizza Pie for us. I usually use pre-made refrigerated biscuits for the crust, but since I couldn't find them I made some from scratch and they turned out even better than expected.

i had to redeem myself after yersterday's disastrous lentil, chicken and sausage dish, so i went with a tnt, shrimp and scallops in a spicey/garlic
tomato sauce, served over whole wheat cappelini.

i felt much better tonight, having made something tasty for dinner. i made the sauce from about a dozen of the last tomatoes from my garden, first browning a whole head of garlic and a large diced shallot, then in went the peeled/seeded/chopped tomatoes, and finally some basil.
when the sauce started to thicken, i blended in a heaping tbsp or two of paste to get the consistency right, then tossed in a pound each of scallops and cleaned shrimp. it was delish. :chef:

it was light years better than my lentil, chicken, and sausage crapola. it started out ok, but i tried to go too far and ruined it. after adding some jamaican curry powder, i wanted to add some depth and intended to put in just a pinch of cinnamon. at the critical moment, i was distracted and ended up dumping in about a tbsp.
yuk! the cinnamon took over the whole dish, so i tried to bury it somewhat by adding other spices, which only made matters worse.

so, like a trooper, i dumped in a load of hot red pepper flakes and habaneros, and i'll eat the now throat searing dish by myself. :huh:

this whole week. :(

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom