Sunday Dinner Oct. 29

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Still cold and windy so per-baking chicken, then browning and saucing on the grill, mashed potatoes, peas, corn, cole slaw and warm crusty bread. Cake for dessert !

We're celebrating my daughter's 18th birthday today (it's actually tomorrow, but she'll be back at the dorm tonight:()

She's back to eating meat, too....!!!

So, the first course is Gnocchi with pesto cream sauce and sauteed mushrooms.

Next is stuffed zucchini.

Main course is cornish game hens with cranberry walnut rice and oven roasted carrots. I'll make some warm applesauce and biscuits as well.

Dessert is birthday cake from B&W Bakery, a family favourite - chocolate cake, chocolate fudge filling and chocolate ganache on top.

I made a dozen jumbo cupcakes with chocolate ganache for her to take back to the dorm.

Happy Birthday Coco!!!

I'm going to try bangbangs recipe for pork chops with mushroom gravy. Not sure what else to make with it.

Happy Birthday to the birthday girl!

Paul's gone for the week so I won't be cooking for the next 7 days!

If I go to town today ( I might the library is having a book sale) I think I'll stop and get some hot and sour soup from the Chinese place.

Sunday dinner again:) Today we are having chicken enchilladas with a home made red sauce,queso fresco,cilantro, green onions, rice, beans and to start home made salsa and chips..Dessert, don't know daughter is surprising us:LOL:

kadesma

leftover veg soup that I pureed and added some milk/lite cream to. Southern fried cicken wings, roast potatoes from leftover baked potatoes. My husband is looking over my shoulder and I'm gonna whack him!!!!....LOL

ella/TO said:
leftover veg soup that I pureed and added some milk/lite cream to. Southern fried cicken wings, roast potatoes from leftover baked potatoes. My husband is looking over my shoulder and I'm gonna whack him!!!!....LOL
Lol :bangin:

I have been really watching my diet but I have an awful urge for Pizza. I am trying not to think about it but I really want some pizza.

jake is cooking pasta shells & maybe i'll cook curried chix salad.

our dinner was instead pastaspirals & steak.

Well, our power outage yesterday moved the absolutely lovely hunk of cod I bought yesterday to tonight's dinner.

I oiled a baking dish, cut the cod into 2 serving pieces, & topped each piece with 2 tablespoons of butter & a squeeze of lemon juice. Baked it at 375 for 15 minutes (these were really thick pieces). I then melted 2 more tablespoons of butter in the microwave & mixed it with some dry seasoned breadcrumbs & more lemon juice, & topped the cod pieces with that, along with some chopped fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley. Then popped them back in the oven for another 8 minutes. Boy were they good!!! Perfectly cooked through, topping perfectly golden brown, everything still juicy.

Served with some fresh broccoli that I blanched, chopped, sauteed in (dare I say?) more butter, lemon juice, & a dash of half & half.

Okay, okay, it wasn't the healthiest meal (I can feel my arteries hardening) - but it was really good :)

happy birthday coco blue!

last night i made 2 parm dishes: eggplant and chicken. i'd have to say it was one of my best attempts at it, almost as good as my mom's, and that's saying something. the litmus test, dw, gobbled it up as well so it must have been good.

leftovers will be breakfast this morning when i get home from work.

buckytom said:

Actually, she's Miss Coco Dolly....but I do appreciate the sentiment, regardless.
I suggested she do two things for her birthday - register to vote and stop smoking. I want both, equally.

She'd have enjoyed both your chicken and eggplant parm. So would I, for that matter:kiss:

Sunday after 2 bourbon & waters I got the cooking bug bad! It was cold and blustery so I figured a pork roast and butternut squash & penne in an Al Burro sauce would be perfect.

Things got crazy when I got out the pears I poached in port Saturday. I had also reduced the poaching liquid to a thick yummy sauce. I sliced the pears onto a bed of baby field greens, and crumbled wonderful gorgonzolla cheese allover them. Mean while I toasted some walnuts, rewarmed the port wine sauce and added balsamic glaze to it along with some dried lavender. Then I candied the walnuts in lavender honey. The port wine sauce cooled and went over the salad and the walnuts were garnish. Jeeeze:-p:-p No one cared much about the pork roast or the pasta after that so last night was leftovers of everything but the salad.

Now Bob would like to have that salad every night!:huh:

buckytom said:

last night i made 2 parm dishes: eggplant and chicken. i'd have to say it was one of my best attempts at it, almost as good as my mom's, and that's saying something. the litmus test, dw, gobbled it up as well so it must have been good.

leftovers will be breakfast this morning when i get home from work.

Ok....cough it up......surrender that recipe.... I love all ingredients you mentioned.

sizz, it's really very simple. the trick is not to slice the eggplant too thin, and to use thick chicken breasts that are pounded out (the pounding tenderizes them a bit), but again, not too thin. i like to be able to taste the main ingredient, not just the breading, sauce, and cheese.

i'll post a proper recipe today, but really, it's just breading, frying, then layering and baking.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom