Sunday Dinner, Sept. 10th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Think Iam going to make a meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans, and maybe some garlic cheese biscuit, - sour cream drop cookies I made the other day. Oldest Grandson (9) will have to have his ice cream cone! :)

Would you be so kind as to post your cookie recipe? sounds yummy and I have some sour cream I need to use up.
Dinner Beef roast, potatoes and fresh corn and fresh sliced tomatoes.

We're having a smoke-out today for about 16 people. Kim's got pork butts in the oven that he pre-smoked on Friday. He's also got a turkey and whole pork loin on the smoker, and will put some brats on later.
To go with, we're having spicy Carolina Slaw, macaroni and cheese, Killer Baked Beans, deviled eggs, vegetable tray, chips, and Velveeta/salsa dip. I made a double chocolate gooey butter cake for dessert. A couple of people are bringing "something".

A very basic salad, some beautiful cold roast beef from the deli counter in the super market and some simply beautiful "girasole" (sunflower) bread. Its got no sunflower ingrediants as far as I can taste, but a beautiful yellow colour, a perfect crust and a soft inside.

Grapes and yellow plums for pudding.
The heat has dropped a little today, but its still very, very hot here and eating simply is still the order of the day, which is great as we are still camping....but we are moving into new flat on the 18th! Yippee.

I had planned to do a brisket earlier in the week and got sidetracked, soooo
today it's brisket swiss cheese paninni's,a big green salad, cole slaw, and corn on the cob. Dessert, a chocolate gooey cake

kadesma:)

I work tonight, and it's my turn to do the Sunday dishes (all the chefs rotate dish every Sunday). I'm excited, because the chefs always make the dishwasher for the evening dinner... I usually get a pretty tasty NY Strip out of the deal. So probably NY Strip for me, and I'll bring some home for the g/f as well... or maybe I won't, and I'll bring her a slice of cheesecake instead :D

I've got a mate coming for lunch/business meeting, so it's:

• Oriental style Mushroom soup with roasted seaweed
  • Beer-battered shrimp with pineapple chutney sauce
  • Refried rice with mixed veg
  • Asparagus & Chinese broccoli with ginger and tau-si
  • Ballantyne's Scotch :LOL:

Your lunch sounds great Clive. We're having ziti with meatballs topped with pasta sauce (red) and garlic bread.

Everybody's meal sounds terrific. I had made chicken and dumplings and fresh green beans last night so dh wanted the leftovers for lunch. It hit the spot and almost no work. Just a few minutes ago dd called and asked if we would come over about 5. They are cooking on the grill, so I guess we will eat again. Tomorrow night we have dinner at church, Tuesday I have a ladies luncheon, so I will have to swim like crazy to work off all the food, but I did 10 laps in the pool before church today.

Yeah!! We are invited up to our daughters for supper. It's right across the river in Wisconsin. I offered to bring something and she said everything is taken care of. How nice.

I've got chicken breasts thawing, I think I'll pound them thin and saute them in some olive oil, butter, lemon juice, white wine and capers.

Fresh veggies and a salad.

pdswife said:
I've got chicken breasts thawing, I think I'll pound them thin and saute them in some olive oil, butter, lemon juice, white wine and capers.

I'll be right over:LOL: Sounds yummy Pds.

kadesma

Well, a couple of months ago one of our markets had a "buy one, get one free" on large whole Perdue chickens, so I thawed out the 2nd one I had in the freezer, cut it up, & now have it marinating in a Ziploc bag along with some bottled Ginger Sesame salad dressing. Plan to grill it outside on the charcoal grill & serve it with Roasted Mixed Root Vegetabels (potatoes, turnips, onions, garlic, & carrots tossed with extra-virgin olive oil & fresh chopped rosemary).

At the same time I have a small pot simmering with the chicken giblets for the cats, & a large stockpot going with the fresh chicken back & ribs plus a couple of pounds of saved chicken parts I had in the freezer specifically for stock. This, along with all the vegetables & seasonings I added to it, will be simmering for several hours & will either be the base for a nice soup this week, or will be popped into the freezer for future use.

I was going to make **** Noodles and stuff with the leftover pork chops [I made 6 extra-large pork chops for dinner for 3 of us], but the 800 pound gorilla was home and ate the left over pork chops for breakfast. Luckily I put a pot roast to thaw last night. Here's something you can make for a quick dinner with whatever leftover meat you have left.

* Exported from MasterCook *
**** and Noodle Stuff
Recipe By : Bill Cotton
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:15
Categories : Meats-Game
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 package pasta
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1 can milk
cheddar cheese -- shredded
left over beef, ham, pork, poultry, etc. -- cut into bite size
Preheat oven to 350F.
Prepare pasta as directed. Drain.
In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients except shredded cheddar cheese and pasta; heat until hot.
Combine pasta and soup/meat mixture; cover with shredded cheese and bake until slightly browned and bubbly.

kadesma said:
I'll be right over:LOL: Sounds yummy Pds.

kadesma

WOW! THanks!! The doors open! Come on in...we are out back on the deck watching the chickens play.

( Ok, truth be told... I'm cleaning out the pantry and Paul's
sitting on the sofa using the laptop...but, I wanna be outside doing nothing. lol):):)

pdswife said:

trish, I'm going to use my new meat pounder tool to make something very similar to this tonight. No capers, though.

Back
Top Bottom