Sunday Feb 25th - din dins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragnlaw

Site Team
Staff member
Curried Mussels - the house smells divine...

Attachments

• 20180225_140416.jpg
    20180225_140416.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 134
Dirty rice stuffed collard green rolls.

Attachments

• 2018-02-25 19.15.08.jpg
    2018-02-25 19.15.08.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 109
Yes, please. I'd like one order of each. :yum:

I got called into work early, so I missed DW's herb basted poo fish and mashed cauliflower. I think I'll go to a Halal cart near Broadway and 50th that has really good chicken over rice with yogurt sauce and butt searing hot sauce.

Went to daughter and SIL's for dinner, catering by tenspeed. Italian sausage and tomatoes in a cream sauce served over fresh tagliatelle, copycat Olive Garden breadsticks, green salad. All stuff that I can prepare at home and easily finish at their house.

Fresh pasta makes such a huge difference. Daughter asked how I made the breadsticks so light and fluffy. Answer: I made them late this morning.

Being the food geek that I am I googled your dinner and learned a lot..I always try to eat something new every week..I'm going for this at some point this week..https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes...tyle-chicken-and-rice-white-sauce-recipe.html

Yup, that's the stuff. It really is freakin' delicious. And many of the cart guys have their own family recipe for the chicken marinade.

Besides the oregano, coriander, lemon, and garlic, you can smell/taste different combinations of cinnamon, fennel, turmeric, allspice, sumac, and clove in some of them.

Last edited:
Sandwich Saturday became Sandwich Sunday. I have way to much to do tonight to cook.

CD

Tee-Rif-Fic Dinners everyone!

We stopped for Chinese take out after getting us both shoveled out plus the end of the alley so we could get the car through to the street. We had shrimp curry, chix lo mein, fried rice and egg rolls. No cooking necessary until maybe Tuesday?

Wow, it looks like we've outdone ourselves tonight! Delicious looking dinners.

Himself said our dinner was vegetarian - except for the pesky piece of fish. :LOL: That fish so happened to be broiled fresh Dover sole with a mustard-thyme butter baste. :yum: Sides were Lundberg Wild Blends rice, steamed broccoli, sauteed green grapes with sliced almonds, and stir-fried sugar snap peas.

Attachments

• 20180225_211626.jpg
    20180225_211626.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 133
When I made the Company Crab Bake recently I stashed away two individual casseroles for the freezer. They did nicely in the toaster oven and I made bacon/mushroom green beans for the side. Easy peasy.

Bucky, that dish sounds fantastic and thanks for the recipe Roch. Copied and saved.

Holy cow, what mouthwatering pics....:ohmy::yum:

I warmed up the leftovers from last night's dinner at the Japanese restaurant. :)

Our son took us to an amazing Japanese restaurant tonight. I ate some of the best food ever.

I’m going to leave you hanging until next week when I can post photos and a description.

Because I ate so early yesterday, I made some potato chips (in the micro) to snack on while watching TV.

ps... either cut your sweet potatoes 'ever' so slightly thicker than your white potatoes - or just do them separately! :LOL:

Attachments

• 20180225_195519.jpg
    20180225_195519.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 122
  • 20180225_201533.jpg
    20180225_201533.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 138
  • 20180225_201539.jpg
    20180225_201539.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 112

Latest posts

Back