Sunday heat wave supper, 2020-07-19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
We found out that we could use the Skip the Dishes app to order from a local, really good bagel place. We ordered half a pound of smoked salmon, a dozen bagels and our favourite brand of cream cheese.

That, along with some sliced red onion and some capers was our supper. We had the delightful surprise of find that the bagels were still warm from the oven. Absolutely delicious supper.

I'm not sure how many bagels or how much salmon will be left tomorrow. I have a feeling that we will be snacking on this later on tonight.

What are you having for supper?

Air-Roasted Chicken Breast, Mashed & Gravy, Baby Corn, Three-Bean Salad...

Chicken Breast Air-Roasted.jpg

We're limiting our cooking today to the microwave. Some leftover chicken/bacon/ranch/cheese with corn on the cob and tossed salad.

Our A/C died. It's 97F in here. Have to wait to get a call tomorrow to try to set up a repair call. No dinner.

Happy birthday, Kathleen!

msmofet, I hope you get the A/C fixed soon.
...We had the delightful surprise of find that the bagels were still warm from the oven...
Maybe those bagels were warn from riding in a car on a hot day, taxy. ;)

Do you remember all day suckers? We had all evening salads. I used Corelle platters so I could spread everything out real pretty, but except for the lettuce there's probably less toppings than I pile on a narrower plate or bowl. I had a mini croissant with mine; Himself had a bagel.
IMG_20200719_194237589_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Our A/C died. It's 97F in here. Have to wU

msmofet, I hope you get the A/C fixed soon.Maybe those bagels were warn from riding in a car on a hot day, taxy. ;)

Do you remember all day suckers? We had all evening salads. I used Corelle platters so I could spread everything out real pretty, but except for the lettuce there's probably less toppings than I pile on a narrower plate or bowl. I had a mini croissant with mine; Himself had a bagel.
View attachment 41980

Until the A/C is fixed, ice in a bowl in front of the fan! It oddly works well when it is sweltering.

Thank you, CG!

Who's birthday Kathleen? It can't be yours or Frank's cuz neither one of you is on the calendar for today. Anyway Happy Birthday at your house I guess.:LOL:

Dinner looks great, now I want cake!!!;)

It is mine! And a milestone birthday at that! I slept in, got phone calls from loved ones, received nice presents, gardened a bit, gamed a bit. Wish I could have spent it with family and friends without a need for masks, but it really was a wonderful day.

Cake was from Baskin-Robbins. Yellow cake with chocolate ice cream!

Attachments

• 2020-07-19 19.43.09.jpg
    2020-07-19 19.43.09.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 60
What a happy find Taxi!! That's our "every Sunday morning" breakfast. SC puts sliced home grown tomato on the top and sprinkles them with my recipe for Everything but the Bagel seasoning.

Once more, a great looking dinner Lucky. I just adore baby corn, is it canned? I get it at the dollar store.

Good grief CG that looks spectacular!

OMG MsM...what a nightmare!

I have my Shrimp Cakes planned for tonight, along with baked spuds and steamed broccolini. Pictures to follow later.

msmofet, I hope you get the A/C fixed soon.Maybe those bagels were warn from riding in a car on a hot day, taxy. ;)

View attachment 41980

I don't think so. I did consider that possibility, but the salmon and cream cheese were still chilly.

Bunch of good looking suppers.

Happy Birthday Kathleen.

I made my first batch of pasta with raw tomato sauce, with all that delicious stuff from the garden, using this year's tomatoes, garlic, and basil. I made almost a double recipe, and added a can of rinsed cannellini beans, and I cooked about 2/3 c red quinoa in the Instant Pot, to add to the 1 lb of pasta.
Raw tomato sauce, of almost 3 lbs of chopped tomatoes, 8 minced fresh garlic cloves, a generous amount of basil, and olive oil. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Finished pasta with raw tomato sauce. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Now that looks fresh and delicious Pepper.

We got involved with Hawaii plans so we snacked tonight. Oh please let it work out for March! PLEASE!!

Planned dinner is tomorrow.

Mojo marinated grilled chicken, Cuban style black beans and rice. After I pulled the chicken from the marinade, I brought the marinade to a boil to use as a sauce. Black beans were canned. I made a sofrito first then added the beans and let them cook low and slow for an hour or so.

36788-albums1125-picture8369-jpg.43652

Back
Top Bottom