Sunday Lunch/Dinner 28th of August

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snip 13

Master Chef
This time of the month is always clear the freezer time so I've taken out some tenderized steaks that I still have left. Might cut them into strips and do a pasta dish.

I'm with you on that, Snip. I had finally cleaned up my freezer so I started adding leftovers of good dishes.

Well, of course, it's full again, so I'm going to take the most of a week off from cooking and have myself a few yummy saved dinners.

Tonight will be a nice huge chunk of http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBYQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Frecipecurio.com%2Fhamburger-onion-pie-1959-recipe-clipping%2F&rct=j&q=1959%20hamburger%20onion%20pie%20Bisquick&ei=-ixaTvHRM9SisQK2i6W2Cw&usg=AFQjCNH2moxdaRcqOprdmvteiSyXGFZhHg&sig2=ZCH8OiPg7P0bk8x7BluQWw&cad=rja

(Hamburger Onion Pie)

This recipe must be my all time favorite. It was the first recipe (at 13 y/o) I ever followed and is still my favorite.

There are other good meals in there I will enjoy too,

Then there is the hamburger/sausage taco meat mix I had yesterday. I made some stuffed in crispy shell tacos for dinner last night, but have a huge container of the meat mixture left, so I'm thinking a tamale pie type casserole, so I guess I won't be just working on the freezer exclusively.

I hate it, in a way, to get to this point, but loving to cook must be curbed at times when you live alone.

Last edited:
I'm with you on that, Snip. I had finally cleaned up my freezer so I started adding leftovers of good dishes.

Well, of course, it's full again, so I'm going to take the most of a week off from cooking and have myself a few yummy saved dinners.

Tonight will be a nice huge chunk of http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...SyXGFZhHg&sig2=ZCH8OiPg7P0bk8x7BluQWw&cad=rja

This one must be my all time favorite. It was the first recipe (at 13 y/o) I ever followed and is still my favorite.

There are other good meals in there I will enjoy too,

Then there is the hamburger/sausage taco meat mix I had yesterday. I made some stuffed in crispy shell tacos for dinner last night, but have a huge container of the meat mixture left, so I'm thinking a tamale pie type casserole, so I guess I won't be just working on the freezer exclusively.

I hate it, in a way, to get to this point, but loving to cook must be curbed at times when you live alone.

That hamburger pie looks very good :)
In my house it's more of a beginning of the month (lots of nice choices), middle of the month (it will do) and end of the month (what on earth can I make out of this) kinda thing :LOL:

I had tomatoes on the Western sandwiches that I just ate. Not sure about tonight's fare yet.

I just finished dicing 10lbs of onions, 10 lbs of carrots, and 10 lbs of celery. My fingers are wrinkled and I stink like onions, but I'm going to make a massive batch of THIS tomorrow. I've made it before and I absolutely LOVE that you can add whatever to it when you thaw.

I'm gearing up for the school year (fiance is a teacher) for easy lunches.

I am going to work on multiple batches of blueberry muffins, and raspberry muffins.

I won't be having the soup for dinner, but I will be likely having some take out sushi with a greek dish, of peas, carrots, potatoes, dill, olive oil, and lemon

Todays lunch - Seafood Gumbo

39817-albums371-picture2927.jpg

Eeeek! Gray foam emanating from my pot and all over my stove! Thought I had split peas and was gonna make some crock pot soup with a meaty ham bone. No dried peas, so I did the quick cook with pinto and black beans. Will leave them alone off heat, hopefully they will have calmed down.

Have the ham bone, prechopped carrots, onion, celery, really good chicken stock in the cp.

Fried rice tonight, I guess.

We are going here for dinner with my Dad and sister to celebrate DH's birthday. There are so many great things on the menu but I will probably have my usual fish and chips.

I'm not very hungry for some reason. I guess those two sandwiches are still with me... Anyway, dinner will be some mushroom soup and a grilled romaine salad.

Split Pea Soup (sautéed chopped smoked ham steak and onions, chopped carrots, chopped potatoes, split peas, water, salt, ground peppercorns and liquid hickory smoke).

img_1042826_0_2d03f0084665fc467d347664ebfb9c5b.jpg

msmofet said:
Split Pea Soup (sautéed chopped smoked ham steak and onions, chopped carrots, chopped potatoes, split peas, water, salt, ground peppercorns and liquid hickory smoke).

Envious of the split peas, MM! Hopefully my bean soup will turn out as well!

Envious of the split peas, MM! Hopefully my bean soup will turn out as well!
Thank you dl. It just felt like an october blustery, rainy soup day thanks or no thanks to Irene. LOL

I am sure your soup will be wonderful.

I planned hamburgers on the grill with coleslaw since we were without power. We got it back on around 6pm but still did the burgers.

Managed to slightly burn the fried rice. I thought it was pretty tasty in spite of the scorch, just don't go to the bottom of the pan. DH refused to eat it, so he goes to bed hungry. (we actually have tons of other stuff to eat, please don't report me to the authorities).

Last edited:
Ma's Sunday was spent at oldest daughters home. we had chciken she made I brought pasta with pesto and diced tomatoes to go on top, plus a mozz and tomato salad with balsamic, evoo and red pepper flakes sprinkle on, a home made foccacia and prociutto, sweet frying peppers which my son-in-law cooked over the bbq, It was a great day I just sat on my fanny and did very little. The Kids were in be good mode and we all just relaxed and had a ball.
kades;)

Snip, I agree with clearing the freezer. I have some lovely friends to whom I bring food. But it makes me crazy sometimes to have extra food in the freezer that I cannot deal with. Makes me feel old and tired and tired and old. Right now I have tons of tomatoes. Gave a bunch to friends, and now will start, once again, roasting for the freezer. Hope all is well with you ...

We went to the restaurant but I surprised everyone (including our waitress) when I passed on the fish and chips and had pasta with farmer sausage and mushrooms! It was yummy but there was too much and I brought some home.

What I did was call a bunch of friends and have them bring food. We sat and ate and drank. It was nice.

Back
Top Bottom