Sunday March 18th dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Family dinner today, twice baked potatoes, grilled corn on the cob rubbed with butter,thyme,salt and pepper,grilled marinated tri-tips, tossed green salad, garlic bread..Starters, smoked sun dried tomato dip with crackers or baguette slices, spicy pre-cooked sausages wrapped in puff pastry, then sliced when done and dipped in mustard, dessert is just simply your choice of ice cream in a chocolate edge dipped sugar cone, flavors are root beer float,strawberry, chocolate with chocolate chunks and nuts,vanilla bean, or Spumoni...
Happy Sunday,
kadesma;)

We're having a late brunch of corned beef hash with fried eggs. Supper will be just a snack. We have leftover pizza from Friday night, and I also have a big piece of steak I brought home from the restaurant last night.

presently working on a NY Times bread, should be ready for tonights supper meal

and corn chowder. Made with home grown sweet corn, green peppers, carrots and milk, and locally grown and smoked, bacon.

Since I still have half a head of cabbage, I'm making pancit and maybe I'll make some chicken adobo too.

LEFSElover said:
I have no idea what that is, but I'm wondering how far I'll have to travel to get there in time for dinner:LOL:
You are most welcome to join me for dinner, that is, if you can get here in time:) In Greek, Kotopoulo means chicken and Lemonato for lemon juice, so go figure:LOL:

We just bought a tajine on sale the other day and we are bent on doing an experiment with it for dinner today. We got a nice pork fillet, pineapple and whole coconut among other things, we would like to invent some sort of tropical curry dish. Thus we are in the middle of google search for inspiration...:-p

I'm making up a recipe for stuffed peppers. I'm using ground turkey sauteed with onion and garlic, creole seasoning, a mix of jasmine and brown rice (I'm trying to encourage my family to accept brown rice!) with fire roasted crushed tomatoes.

Sunday Dinner (at noon) was:

Corned Beef...With horseradish sauce/Green Parsley
Cabbage Cooked in the broth
Mashed Potatoes with Green Onions
Irish Soda Bread
Irish Coffee..

For supper...ya gotta be kiddin. I ate way to much at noon:LOL:

We're having chicken salad sandwiches. And, I"m making turkey stock and then roasted vegetable stock. Then, I'll lay out my menu for the week.

Ok... menu has changed a bit... still making pancit... but instead of chicken adobo, I'll make fried chicken. My daughter won't be home for dinner (she LOVES chicken adobo) and my husband doesn't care for it. So I'll make a soy/vinegar/garlic dipping sauce for Sprytelette to use with the fried chicken when she gets home. And pancit just get better the longer it sits!

Today is dh's birthday. We had apple galettes for breakfast. yum.

Dinner tonight is birthday's choice. Pork chops stuffed with green chile and cheddar, then dipped in panko and fried in olive oil. Broccoli rice casserole and biscuits if I get around to making them.

Dessert will be chocolate kahlua mousse pie.

corazon said:
Today is dh's birthday. We had apple galettes for breakfast. yum.

Dinner tonight is birthday's choice. Pork chops stuffed with green chile and cheddar, then dipped in panko and fried in olive oil. Broccoli rice casserole and biscuits if I get around to making them.

Dessert will be chocolate kahlua mousse pie.

Sounds like he will have a very happy tummy as well as a very happy birthday!!:chef:

Tanti Auguri, Mr. Cora!! (What have you decided on that special gift??)

Happy birthday, Mr. Corazon! I figured you'd be getting galettes! :)

DH is feeling a little better so I convinced him to take the kiddo off my hands for a short, much-needed break. I'm guessing I have about an hour so I'm going to do some way-overdue cleaning and then start in on an early dinner--eggplant parm for Sofie and me and chicken parm for DH. I'll serve it with pasta and a steamed veggie.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom