Sunday March 26

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well. It is Sunday. I'm going to marinate a London Broil that I got the other day. Not sure what I'm going to put with it yet, but That is my current dinner plans. Never know, it could switch.

Dam! I was going to get my meatloaf going, and I know I bought hamburger, but apparently my grocery store forgot to add that in when I did my grocery shopping, even though I know I paid for it! Plan B, chicken cutlet with an onion and mushroom gravy, and something else with it.

Girls night! Greys Anatomy! Special treat - we are having a masseuse (sp?) come to give us all massages beforehand! Soo - must make some special snacks - taking the place of dinner --

I am going to make PDSwife's spinach and artichoke dip, Any M's cheddar stuffed mushrooms and TexasBlueHeron's potato skins. I bought a couple of bottles of good wine too - can't wait 'til tonight!

Michelemarie said:
Girls night! Greys Anatomy! Special treat - we are having a masseuse (sp?) come to give us all massages beforehand! Soo - must make some special snacks - taking the place of dinner --

I am going to make PDSwife's spinach and artichoke dip, Any M's cheddar stuffed mushrooms and TexasBlueHeron's potato skins. I bought a couple of bottles of good wine too - can't wait 'til tonight!

Ok, Im jealous. Enjoy!:angry: :ROFLMAO: Your a mom, you need a girls night:)

The lady of the house is cooking this evening. I'm still mouth agape in shock.

Apparently it's gonna be meatloaf (which she stuffs with...mozarella, I believe?), Chesapeake Bay rolls, baked potatoes and some form of asparagus.

I want to go to Illinois!!! Michele, got one more seat?? LOL

We're having taco salad, guacamole and homemade mexican rice.

We spent the day scraping wallpaper glue off the walls of our guest room and filling holes and sanding to get it ready to be painted. I was too tired to go to the store after so I had to find something here to make. I had a few types of leftover shredded cheese that had been in the fridge for a long time, but showed no signs of mold. I also had a little bit of cooked sausage in the freezer. There was some leftover chicken stock as well. I used all of that to make polenta. It came out great and gave me the much required energy I needed to sit my butt on the sofa and watch TV tonight :)

mudbug said:
and what are these? inquiring in-your-neck-of-the-woods minds want to know.

It's the "real" name of the Red Lobster cheddar biscuits they serve. There was a restaurant named Deckers out there that came up with that recipe--Red Lobster kiped it and called them what they're more commonly known as today--made even easier by the fact that Deckers burned down some years later :P.

Incredibly easy to make--and set it up so that you never have to suffer through what Red Lobster calls "seafood" again.

Since Cade and Carson spent last night with us and were here til after supper, We just made homemade pizza, the kids got cheese and ham, big kids had artichoke,salami,olives, onions,ham, sausage,2 cheeses, salad and some chocolate cake. Now I'm turing on the dishwasher and crashing, I'm pooped.

kadesma:)

I took the salmon filet that I talked about yesterday and sprinkled it with fresh parsley, butter, white wine, and lemon pepper and baked it in the oven according to a combination of buckytom's and Andy M's directions. With the salmon I served risotto and a tossed green salad. Well, I did not like the salmon. :yuk: :yuk: Luckily, it was not a large piece and did not cost me much. All I can say is that I tried it. Next time I will try a milder tasting fish like halibut or tilapia. Thanks to buckytom and Andy M. for their suggestions in the salmon thread.

Last edited:
well it was lasagne tonight for good friends: used whoole wheat no cook pasta sheats...galla russo brand...way good! made a beef and lamb ragout, made a bachamel with parmesan, had mozarella, had sauteed zuchinni with shallots and a mushroom duxelle, and the ricotta had chopped blanched kale and parmesan. 4 layers total. enough for 10 good size servings...5 people ate 2/3rd of it! also a salad of romaine and endive with a hot bacon blue cheese vinairgrette.

celery tomorrow!

Robo410 said:
well it was lasagne tonight for good friends: used whoole wheat no cook pasta sheats...galla russo brand...way good! made a beef and lamb ragout, made a bachamel with parmesan, had mozarella, had sauteed zuchinni with shallots and a mushroom duxelle, and the ricotta had chopped blanched kale and parmesan. 4 layers total. enough for 10 good size servings...5 people ate 2/3rd of it! also a salad of romaine and endive with a hot bacon blue cheese vinairgrette.

celery tomorrow!

Celery tomorrow!! :LOL: :LOL: Your dinner sounds way better than mine. I wish I could have came and had dinner with you and your guests tonight. Glad to hear that it was a great success.

Beef, it's what's for dinner

We had cheeseburgers and curly fries it was delicous.:chef:

Back
Top Bottom