Sunday, May 18th...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg Who Cooks

Executive Chef
We seem to have missed a day. I hope nobody went without dinner last night! :LOL:

Rib eye steak cooked a la Sous Vide 122F for 3-4 hours, home made mashed potatoes made last night, some sort of frozen vegetable, haven't decided yet. Probably some croissants with.

I sear my rib eye on my ribbed Emeril cast iron pan.

I'm toying with the idea of making a generic store country gravy mix for over the top.

Last edited:
We're having a margarita pizza for dinner. The dough is rising as we speak and the oven is pre-heating.

DH made hash browns for our grandson for supper, I cooked some bacon in the oven and made him some scrambled eggs. He is a very happy 12 year old tonight.

Roasted cauliflower cheese soup. I need to find a use for the chive pesto I made the other day. It blew the top of my head off, so I'll stir some of it into the soup. Hopefully that will dilute it!

I marinated a chuck roast with enchilada sauce, onion, garlic and Mexican oregano yesterday. This morning, DH put it in the slow cooker and I shredded it a couple hours ago. I also reduced the sauce and pureed the onions and garlic in it. We'll make tacos with lettuce, cheese and sour cream, and tomatoes on mine (DH is not a fan).

I have some rotisserie chicken left from Friday night, so maybe chicken lasagna or chicken fettuccine or something of that ilk ;)

My DD gave me a Lodge L8DD3 Double Dutch Oven and Casserole with Skillet Cover, 5-Quart for Mother's day. So I made a pot roast today. After the pot roast was done I used the lid to make corn bread to go with. We also had mashed red and gold baby taters, steamed baby spinach and pan jus/gravy. No time to take pics of dinner.

We had a "to heck with the food intolerances" night and went out for by-the-slice pizza and then to DQ for a Peanut Buster Parfait (me) and a Banana Split (TB). I will probably not be around tomorrow as I will be nursing a bunch of tummy cramps! :pig: But it was worth it!

Back
Top Bottom