Sunday, May 8 - What's for Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saphellae

Head Chef
I have no idea what to make for tonight - Mom's coming over! Will start looking through some of my recipes... What are you all cooking tonight?

I'm cooking a mother's day special dinner for SO.

Roast tenderloin of Beef, baked potatoes, tossed salad, red wine and leftover desserts from yesterday's dinner party.

I prepped everything yesterday so I would have a nice, lazy day today.

We're having rosemary-garlic rotisserie chicken, roasted Vidalia onions, green beans (canned from last summer's garden), orange-cranberry relish, homemade potato rolls with butter, iced tea and...ta da........strawberry shortcake.

All that has to be done is to put the chicken on the forks for the rotisserie. Aside from that, I plan on being a slug today!:LOL::LOL:

Katie that sounds decadent.. can I come !?? lol

I'm making..
- vietnamese fresh shrimp spring rolls with rice paper (not fried)
- tilapia baked in banana leaf with a roasted red pepper and garlic sauce
- some kind of rice? Haven't decided yet...or maybe a light spaghettini with broccoli, garlic and evoo
- chocolate fondue with strawberries, grapes, and lady fingers for dipping

Haven't decided on the appie yet.

We're having leftovers when ever anyone's hungry. I did breakfast (Goodweed's recipe for pancakes and sausage links) and will spend the day looking for my high school diploma that the new job wants a copy of before hiring me.

I'm making Thai stir fry with basmati rice.

Last edited by a moderator:
As promised:

Sunday Brunch - pear, mango and strawberry fruit salad with apple poppyseed dressing; fritatta with Italian sausage, potatoes, green bell pepper, carrot, scallion, mushrooms, plum tomato, mozzerella and provolone cheeses, and garnished with scallion greens and parsley; Boudin sourdough garlic toast, and mimosas, featuring Piper-Heidsieck Brut Cuvée Champagne

Sunday Dinner - mixed baby greens and tomato salad with ginger-sesame vinaigrette, Mongolian beef with bok choy and scallions, steamed rice, and a 2009 Doña Paula Malbec

Dinner not sure yet.

Lunch Gong Bao Chicken
img_997405_0_f08f964d2ff706283db844b0d5406cbd.jpg

Not sure yet, but possibly Buffalo wings (me) and BBQ wings (James). The only thing I know for sure is that dessert will be strawberry shortcake. :cool:

Still trying to figure out what to serve Dad, and just found out DH will be home for dinner.

For me it is an Avocado, Cucumber and Smoked Salmon Salad with a creamy lemon dressing. Hey this "un-diet" isn't too bad! It is mainly about getting the right nutrients and filling up on less than it is on calorie or carbohydrate counting.

Country steak, baked grits, and chilled coconut rice pudding at our house tonight. These dishes are some of Mrs 40 C's favorite comfort foods. Happy Mother's day,

Still trying to figure out what to serve Dad, and just found out DH will be home for dinner.

For me it is an Avocado, Cucumber and Smoked Salmon Salad with a creamy lemon dressing. Hey this "un-diet" isn't too bad! It is mainly about getting the right nutrients and filling up on less than it is on calorie or carbohydrate counting.
I'm thinking of starting a new "Lose Weight While You Sleep Diet." How does it work, you ask? You are only allowed to eat in your dreams. :mrgreen: Hey, I think I will make that my new signature!:LOL:

Ma's kitchen is closed today. going out for brunch then to daughters for dinner and I don't have to take obring anything.
Happy Mothers Day aeveryone
kadesma

Ma's kitchen is closed today. going out for brunch then to daughters for dinner and I don't have to take obring anything.
Happy Mothers Day aeveryone
kadesma

Sounds wonderful, Kades! Have a wonderful day. Happy Mother's Day, Ma! Get those grandkids to give you a hug for me!

I had forgotten that I took some ground turkey out of the freezer a couple days ago to thaw, so instead of ribs I'll grill some stuffed turkey burgers for supper. The mac salad just got made. Maybe I'll make some potato chips to round things out.

Back
Top Bottom