Sunday Night Dinner 8/17/14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rocklobster, who doesn't love a good spaghetti??

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Cheryl, how do you make your tamale casserole?

I made 70 meatballs and big pot of gravy. Served over Star brand cheese raviolis and salad on the side.

I'm thinking pizza burgers with sauteed peppers, tomatoes, and onions.

Kat, it's one that Kayelle found on a Trader Joe's website....she tried it and really liked it, and posted the recipe. :yum: I can't find the post but had jotted it down real quick. :)
Trader Joe's Mexican Casserole

1/2 bottle of TJ's enchilada sauce
1 C shredded 3 cheese blend (I'm using sharp cheddar, jack, and a bit of leftover jalapeno jack)
1 box frozen chicken tamalitos
1 small can sliced black olives
sour cream and scallions to garnish

In 8x8 pan, pour 1/2 the sauce and top with tamalitos. Top with more sauce, drained olives, and cheese. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.

Do you put anything on your kale after you steam it?

Usually just freshly ground pepper and the eggs. When I say steamed kale, it is probably the equivalent of two bunches you'd get at the store--I pick two bouquets (one for each hand) and that is my serving of kale or Swiss Chard for breakfast. Sometimes I put nutritional yeast on it, but usually no, just the eggs.

It all sounds wonderful! And thanks for the recipes. :)

We're doing a simple dinner tonight - grilled burgers and corn on the cob with a side of cucumber spears for DH and sliced garden cucumbers and tomatoes for me. We don't have any burger buns, so I'm also making bruschetta with pesto and diced tomatoes. I would eat that all summer, but I need some protein, too :yum:

Son-in-law has the graveyard shift for the next few days, so daughter and grandson are coming for dinner this evening. We're having a Mexican style tamale casserole, Spanish rice, a salad with lots of crunchy veggies, and watermelon.

I just finished making the Spanish rice, and it's sitting for the next couple of hours to blend flavors.

Kayelle, I finally made that trip to TJ's and got the fixins' for the tamalitos dish you mentioned a couple of weeks ago. I love TJ's bottled enchilada sauce - as far as prepared sauce goes, I think it's one of the best out there. They didn't have the tamalitos, so I'm using regular sized tamales. Should be a hit with everyone. Thanks again! :)

My local TJ's didn't have the Tamalito's the last time I was there either Cheryl. The regular size tamales should work just fine, although I think I'd slice them first. I got a box of their chicken taquitos and will use them with the same method. Easy peasy!

I'm doing pan fried corn tortilla taco's tonight. I had a small package of ground beef, and a small package of pulled pork so I see no reason not to combine them with taco seasonings. We'll see what happens. I don't think I'm in much danger of loosing my kitchen privileges. ;) :chef:

Last edited:
Kat, it's one that Kayelle found on a Trader Joe's website....she tried it and really liked it, and posted the recipe. :yum: I can't find the post but had jotted it down real quick. :)
Trader Joe's Mexican Casserole

1/2 bottle of TJ's enchilada sauce
1 C shredded 3 cheese blend (I'm using sharp cheddar, jack, and a bit of leftover jalapeno jack)
1 box frozen chicken tamalitos
1 small can sliced black olives
sour cream and scallions to garnish

In 8x8 pan, pour 1/2 the sauce and top with tamalitos. Top with more sauce, drained olives, and cheese. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.

Aha! The missing ingredient, tamalitos. We were at TJ's last week in Mpls, and I knew there was something else I wanted to get, but couldn't remember what. I did bring back TJ's enchilada sauce.

Camarones ala Diabla, and yes they were spicy.

img_1381149_0_1854f1c0bfad2f28e38cad392fefdbc5.jpg

This is how my roast turned out. :)

Attachments

• 1408321385617.jpg
    1408321385617.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 154
Rocklobster, who doesn't love a good spaghetti??

Me. Spaghetti was the Monday night rotation growing up. I figure I've eaten my fair share of spaghetti and can eat other things. But then, I am not a pasta person either. Give me protein, give me greens, and I'm happy. Just don't give me pasta.

I'm sure your spaghetti is great, Rocklobster, I was spaghettied out growing up. Anything but spaghetti!

Back
Top Bottom