Sunday Sunday 7/26/15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgluver

Chef Extraordinaire
Plan is Philly-type cheese steaks with leftover ribeye, with elotes (Mexican style corn on the cob) made with three day old corn.

What's on your plate?

We had ham last night so I'm re-purposing the leftovers into scalloped potatoes and ham. I may pull out the salad things but may not. I've had little energy today.

A cold picnic plate on a hot day. The Tupperware inventory reveals cold bake beans, potato salad , and marinated summer pickles. And sliced deli ham and watermelon. Oh, and ice tea.

Pasta night here at Casa Andy. I defrosted a meal of sauce with meatballs and sausage and cooked some spaghetti. My work is done.

Grilled pork steak (wrapped in bacon. I know, but it was really good), green beans and roasted cherry tomatoes.

Since Kayelle slaved over a hot stove last night making those wonderful brined pork chops, I will be making Egg Foo Young tonight. Kayelle suggested adding a scant teaspoon of fish sauce to the sauce, so I will see how that works.

Too hot and humid to çook here. A big salad with a mix of greens from the garden, boiled marble potatoes, hb eggs, sugar snap peas, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, purple spring onions, a citrus vinaigrette.

I've been craving burritos, and this really hit the spot this evening. Rice, tri tip, refried beans and onions. The rice was leftover from a day or two ago, and I had a vacuum sealed hunk of tri tip in the freezer from the last time I grilled it. Topped it all with Herdez Salsa Verde, cilantro, and a few green onions. :yum:

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 156
Since Kayelle slaved over a hot stove last night making those wonderful brined pork chops, I will be making Egg Foo Young tonight. Kayelle suggested adding a scant teaspoon of fish sauce to the sauce, so I will see how that works.

Did you try that? How was it?

That was a delicious treat...a home cooked meal I didn't have to cook!
I just steamed some Jasmine rice, nuked some Snow Peas and was served a wonderful dinner. Happy wife here.;)
The Snow Peas is the perfect side Cheryl, thanks for the idea, and the little bit of fish sauce sent the gravy over the top.

Last edited:
Humid day, sore muscles on both our parts from yesterday (I gardened, Himself hauled his huge telescope and tripod down to a farm in CT to do some astronomy thing) so we had "fend-for-yourself". Himself cleaned out the peppers and onions from yesterday, along with some of the grilled Italian sausage. I made myself a big salad and topped it with the last of the grilled chicken. Fresh fixings starting tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom