Sunday Supper ~ 1/17/2021 ~ What Are Feasting On?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
(** oops-I meant to say "What Are You Feasting On?")

We've been invited two doors over for an afternoon of
Cards. I've got a new appetizer recipe that I'm trying out,
and the other two couples are making some sort of
appy as well. It's going to be fun!

So I thought ahead a bit, we're going to try this
for a quick throw together meal.

IMG_0197.jpg

I don't normally buy meal kits, but I wanted to
try this. And it was only like two bucks, so
if we don't care for it, no harm no foul,
and we'll order Pizza delivery. :)
I have oodles of fresh veg and Chicken to add in.
Believe it or not, I've never had Pad Thai before. :huh:
DH has and he said that he'd be okay with this
for Sunday Supper :chef:

Last edited:
I am keeping Sunday dinner simple, Nawlins style. Andouille sausages, red beans and rice, and fried okra, with a 2016 Raimat Boira Garnacha.

DD and I went out this morning. She wanted to stop at Walmart. Then we went to Stew Leonard's. I wanted to pick up some meat and coffee beans.

Lunch was pan fried skirt steak and arugula salad (arugula & cherry tomatoes, dressed with red wine vinegar, EVOO, ketchup, honey, house blend seasoning, salt pepper and chopped anchovy fillets). (I shared this plate with hub.)

steak_salad_011721_IMG_7601.jpg

Dinner will be later. Probably lamb loin chops.

Football Chili with choice of toppings: Cheese, Sour Cream, Beans, Macaroni, Hot Sauce, and Onion.

Sorta like baked potato toppings.

Go Browns!

Attachments

• 2021-01-17.jpg
    2021-01-17.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 89
Made tigelli/crescentine. Fillings were mortadella/pistachio mousse, caprese, genoa with moz for me. Craig had the same first 2, but genoa with provolone and hot capicola with provolone. Had dressing of red wine vinegar, hot pepper flakes, dried oregano, S and P, EVOO for the deli meat sammies.

Attachments

• 2021-01-17 18.06.58.jpg
    2021-01-17 18.06.58.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 78
Braised lamb loin chops (fresh garlic, chicken broth, lemon juice), small shells in garlic sauce (fresh garlic, parsley, butter, flour and half-and-half) and buttered steamed carrots.

lamb_shells_carrots_011721_IMG_7604.jpg

I'm still not feeling great, so we had store bought, beef tourtière, oven fried potato wedges from a package, rødkål, and a homemade gravy. That really hit the spot. Those frozen fries were much better than I would have expected. We had more of the trifle for dessert. There's enough left for dessert one more time.

Made a pot of minestrone soup. Realized last minute I had no potato so I upped the pasta.

BBA6F58A-15BA-44C3-81C8-EC0E798E96BE_1_105_c.jpg

Dessert is pumpkin pie.

A2F56F0A-3040-4756-9B48-7FD8FB0816EE_1_105_c.jpg

Our dessert. Pistachio /mascarpone/buttermilk Panna cotta with garnish of honey and white chocolate, pistachio, sea salt, Carolina reaper flakes bark.

Attachments

• 2021-01-17 20.02.16.jpg
    2021-01-17 20.02.16.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
It was going to be "lucky" pierogi, seeing as how the Browns won last Sunday when I made it. Sadly, we were down by 6 before I started making the filling. I popped the dough into the freezer for another time. Supper was comfort food: cheesy potato soup.

Made a pot of minestrone soup. Realized last minute I had no potato so I upped the pasta.

View attachment 45073

Dessert is pumpkin pie.

View attachment 45072

Both look great! Most minestrone soups I see go heavy on tomatoes in the broth. Yours looks like it either has no tomatoes or much less. I've always felt that the tomato broth covers up too much other flavors in most minestrone soups I've had. Would you share your recipe?

It was going to be "lucky" pierogi, seeing as how the Browns won last Sunday when I made it. Sadly, we were down by 6 before I started making the filling. I popped the dough into the freezer for another time. Supper was comfort food: cheesy potato soup.

The Brownies had a good season though. I'm sad they did not make it another week and honestly thought they would pull it off until the bitter end. That being said, I'm really proud of the job they did this season. If we lived closer, I would have wanted to go greet the team when they returned. Never felt a need to do that before! First year coach and such a young team. They should feel good about themselves and their record.

(** oops-I meant to say "What Are You Feasting On?")

So I thought ahead a bit, we're going to try this
for a quick throw together meal.

View attachment 45051

Believe it or not, I've never had Pad Thai before. :huh:
DH has and he said that he'd be okay with this
for Sunday Supper :chef:

IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

That wasn't bad, not bad at all really.
I only used 1 B/S Chicken Thigh, sliced thin
and opted not to add not to add the Egg.
My Veg as you can see above) where
Cabbage, Sweet White Onion, Green Onion
and shredded Carrot (I used my Japanese grated
that is so sharp and makes nice thick strands).
I got three healthy servings from this $3.28 meal kit!
DH said is was okay, but I don't need to make that again.
He felt that the noodles where not thick not wide enough,
and the 'sour taste' (I figure from the tamarin) was too strong.
I concur! But it was a nice experiment.

Back
Top Bottom