Sunday Supper ~ 10/10/2021

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
56875-albums1045-picture6497.jpg

(file photo)

I made my version of Chicken Marsala and served it over Cellentani or Cavatappi pasta with a side of Italian Bread :yum: I made plenty of sauce for soaking your bread in!

What'cha makin?

I made sort of a sambar today, with 3 dal, some barley, and some of the last veggies from my garden. I haven't made anything like this for a while, due to the experiment in my Instant Pot. But I do have other pots.:LOL:

I minced 6 cloves of garlic with 2 jalapeños in the FP, then coarsely chopped up 6 Numex chiles with one onion. All this was cooked slowly until soft, in just enough olive oil to coat them. Then the 3 tb sambar masala was cooked about a minute, then the water with a little turmeric, dal, barley, okra, bottle gourd, and a little turmeric. Salted to taste, rought it to a simmer and cooked about 35 minutes. Meanwhile, I made the tarka, and added this when it was ready. Served with some cilantro, and a toasted atta/jowar waffle.
A sambar made with 3 dals, some okra, and a trimmed bottle gourd - about 2 c of cubes. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

The usual tarka added to this - mustard seed, cumin seed, Thai peppers, asafoetida, and curry leaves by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Finished dish, with some cilantro, plus a toasted waffle, broken up with it. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

I'm visiting my MIL for Canadian Thanksgiving. There will be turkey tomorrow night (Monday, actual Thanksgiving Day). On the way to Cornwall, ON, we picked up pizza for DH, BIL, and MIL and a submarine sandwich or me. The sub was steak with lettuce, onion, mushrooms, lettuce, cheese, and a garlic sauce. It was surprisingly good. Then we had some sausages later and my MIL's homemade lemon meringue pie for dessert. That pie was also very good.

I'm ashamed of myself! I made a cheater version of Orange Chicken, Jasmine rice and an Asian chopped salad. By "cheater" I mean that I used frozen chicken "nuggets. While it was tasty, I think I could have made traditional Orange Chicken with not much more effort.

That said, it was yummy! Please keep my secret!! ;-)

I'm ashamed of myself! I made a cheater version of Orange Chicken, Jasmine rice and an Asian chopped salad. By "cheater" I mean that I used frozen chicken "nuggets. While it was tasty, I think I could have made traditional Orange Chicken with not much more effort.

We've never had Orange Chicken before, and funny, I was in Trader Joe's yesterday and came real close to buy theirs... I understand it's great done in the Air Fryer.

This just popped into my head:

https://www.hawaii.edu/recipes/chicken/lemon.html

https://hicookery.com/tag/chinese-lemon-chicken-recipe/

In Hawaii, we make what is referred to as Chinese Lemon Chicken, very popular and delicious.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom