Sunday Supper 10/14/18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sheet pan meal. Everything but the noodles got roasted on a sheet pan. Italian sausage, red onion, fennel, fresh rosemary, with an orange juice, red wine vinegar dressing, with supremes.and fennel greens on top.

Attachments

• 2018-10-14 17.28.57.jpg
    2018-10-14 17.28.57.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 137
A photo, Andy? Nice!

We have leftovers to use up. I might make a salad, but I'm feeling chilled today. I'm not making from-scratch soup until tomorrow, but we might share a can of Progresso if we still feel cold later.

A photo, Andy? Nice!...

I'm just a wild and crazy guy!

That's a file photo (from my "Food" photo file). I'd happily attach more meal photos but never have my phone handy and forget. Besides, so many meals aren't very picturesque. I mean, a bowl of soup, or a plate of spaghetti with red sauce on it. Kinda generic.

I guess what I'm saying is that I don't often make pretty food.

Went to our grandson's third birthday party, with a dozen or so of his daycare friends (and their parents). Nibbled on pizza, fruit salad, chips, and other things that I wouldn't normally have for dinner.

They rented an inflatable 40 foot long obstacle course to occupy the kids. I have never heard of such a thing, but it was a terrific party idea. As compared to a bouncy house, they keep cycling through the obstacle course. I was stunned to see three year old kids climb a 4 foot wall (usually successfully), laughing when they slipped and landed on the inflated floor. As they are all classmates, they play well together. There's a dozen kids who will sleep well tonight.

Attachments

• PA140010[1].jpg
    PA140010[1].jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 109
I decided to do a Chef John recipe that looked pretty good... and I got a pork shoulder on sale. :)

The meal was Cider Braised Pork.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ImE5jhnOt8&t=455s

I stuck pretty close to the recipe on this one, something I rarely do. I served mine with some garlic mashed potatoes. It was quite good. It would also be great on egg noodles.

CD

Attachments

• CiderPork001.jpg
    CiderPork001.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 131
I decided to do a Chef John recipe that looked pretty good... and I got a pork shoulder on sale. [emoji2]

The meal was Cider Braised Pork.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ImE5jhnOt8&t=455s

I stuck pretty close to the recipe on this one, something I rarely do. I served mine with some garlic mashed potatoes. It was quite good. It would also be great on egg noodles.

CD

That looks great. I'm always looking for ways to use the sage in my garden, and of course, pork and apple cider go beautifully together. I'll be making this soon.

We had leftover posole verde that I made Friday, with a squeeze of lime-cilantro sour cream and cheese. I also made a cheese and roasted pepper quesadilla for us to share.
20181014_202446.jpg

Back
Top Bottom