Sunday Supper..11/26/17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
Holiday leftovers for you, or a new plan?

We're having a first cooked turkey dinner tonight.

I have two turkey thighs to be roasted on top of my reserved and frozen holiday dressing. I'll highly season them and pan fry the skin side till golden then slow roast them on top of dressing mounds for "mock stuffed turkey". We both prefer poultry thighs, so this is always perfect for us. We have homemade cran. sauce, and I'll do some mashed spuds/turkey gravy packet, along with some bacon green beans. :yum:

Greek lemon veal stew with spinach, served over rice, green salad.

The recipe came from a cooking school on Santorini, which Beth Hensperger adapted to the slow cooker.

10 lb prime rib roast just went in at 200 F...will reverse sear around 530...Had a bigger gang coming but had a cancellation due to work commitments..there is going to be a lot of beef for 6 people...

Nothing Thanksgivingie here. Glenn and I will have our Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow.

Tonight will be sausage-stuffed green bell peppers and fried eggplant slices that are coated in egg and Italian bread crumbs. Last eggplant of our garden.

Sort of low key but that's kinda nice during the time when things get pretty hectic.

I'm making a Sunday supper fall-back meal: mushroom-cheese omelet with ham slices and paprika potato cubes. To keep things a bit healthier, we'll also have fruit salads with apple, banana, clementine, and raspberries.

Out for Mexican food with Jeannie and her daughter..

We each had something different and shared..

Good food, a bit too filling..

Maybe I'll skip dessert tonight...

Oh Hell No !!!!! What was I thinking??? :wacko:

Ross

I am going to saute' 2 skinny poke chops and finish with an Asian inspired sauce Dx made to go with broccoli on T'sgiving. That, and a few spoonfuls leftover sweet potatoes and cranberry relish is today's dinner.

I keep wanting to brine the chops before cooking like I've read about here so many times and have yet to try. Today's chops are not them.

We took a break from turkey with Chinese last night and DH really wants turkey pot pie, so that's what's for dinner. I made my first ever homemade pie crust yesterday - added crumbled sage and thyme from the garden to the dough - so we'll see how it goes! :mrgreen:

How does this look? (that's before trimming)
1126171853.jpg

Broke away from Turkey here too!

A friend of mine sent me some of his seasonings & rubs awhile back.
One of them has yet to released to the public:

003.JPG

I'm not too sure what all is in here, but,

006.JPG

I sprinkled some on the burger patties headed for the grill
this lovely evening and MAN! The smell was heavenly,
and the taste was just out of this world!
Best tasting burgers I've ever made, really.

Miners Mix is some pretty dang good stuff, IMHO anyways.

Turkey pot pie with homemade crust. It turned out perfectly tender and flaky :yum: and tasty with lard and butter :chef: I forgot to leave enough crust around the edge to crimp it, but it was delicious!
1126171900.jpg
1126171945a.jpg
1126172006a.jpg

We had a Mario Batalli stuffed acorn squash using hot/mild Italian sausage, onion, fennel root, zucchini, tomatoes, plus these little savory cookies that apparently you can buy, but he also has the recipe on his web site. They are called Taralli cookies. You boil them before cooking, but they cook for 40+ minutes into a crunchy, crispy cookie, think tiny little Italian pretzel bagels. I thought the dish was really good. Craig thought it was too dry, but he likes lots of sauce on everything and there just wasn't with this. My picture came out too dark to really show anything.

I was in Port Arthur Sunday, and I grilled USDA Choice NY Strips over charcoal for my friends and me. We had baked beans, smashed potatoes and garlic rolls on the side, made by one of my friends. A good time was had by all.

CD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom