Sunday Supper 2/12/2017

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
st of ny pizza.jpg

I cheated big time today!
I haven't gotten an opportunity to make pizza dough as yet,
and I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
wanted some pizza.
Being new to this area ( we were living 4 towns north of here) and not knowing too much about the food scene,
and I got an email from American Airlines that my reward miles are about to expire, I looked up what I could get for take out AND earn miles on my AA Dining program... win win!
Not bad pizza.
We'll just nibble our way into the evening with this LARGE cheese pizza.

What's your plan?

I have the dough rising, the sauce simmering and the oven preheating. It's pizza for dinner tonight.

I'm doing my http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f21/filipino-chicken-adobo-84172.html
I wish I had some coconut milk, but it's good without it too. I'll be using whole thighs and adding some fresh spinach at the end.
I'll ask SC if he'd rather have noodles or rice with it. :yum:

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f21/filipino-chicken-adobo-84172.html

Ya know K, I've never made Adobo myself, my BIL would make it for us when we went over to their house back in Hawaii. I did a copy&paste to my Recipe Folder that I keep on my laptop.
I use to make something similar, in the local Portuguese way:
https://rhysford.com/2012/05/25/tonights-dinner-vinha-dalhos-portuguese-in-hawaii-style/

Small piece of chuck roast, along with onions, garlic, mushrooms and red wine, done in the pressure cooker. Sides will the leftover mac and cheese and buttered Italian green beans. Iced tea and a new flavor of Kroger sugar-like cookies. We've had a good run of Kroger's cookies lately. I just haven't had the energy to do extras right now.

I'm seriously running out of spoons today. I made pasta salad, then ran out of energy, so we're ordering takeout pizza to go with it. Pasta salad contains celery, homemade pickled roasted bell peppers, pepperoni, goat cheese, Penzeys Sandwich Sprinkle, Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and capers with a dressing of red wine vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, S&P and parsley from the garden.

Last edited:
Got some roasted broccoli, some chopped onions and celery, some TJ's Thai curry sauce that DH ate all the chicken out of that I was planning to incorporate, beer, Velveeta, some other stuff, so it will be broccoli beer cheese soup.

Sweet and sour stew in the pressure cooker. I've made this in the past on the stovetop in a dutch oven, but much prefer the pressure cooker version.

I normally serve it over pasta, and decided to use fresh pasta today. I got about half way through the batch of pasta, and then the pasta machine made a very loud bang, followed by a lot of screeching, and no more pasta coming out of the machine. Fortunately no smoke or flames. I think this is the third pasta machine I bought over ebay that failed. I'm looking at the Philips machine, and am hoping for better results.

DS and I made blackened chicken breasts with a mango/pineapple/corn/avocado/pimento/cilantro salsa. MMM very good. We'll do that again.

I am cooking some COSTCO lamb chops sous vide to medium rare, then searing them in a scorching hot cast iron skillet to finish. Sides will be some spicy potato salad I made last night, and of course, beer.

CD

I'm doing my http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f21/filipino-chicken-adobo-84172.html
I wish I had some coconut milk, but it's good without it too. I'll be using whole thighs and adding some fresh spinach at the end.
I'll ask SC if he'd rather have noodles or rice with it. :yum:

Baby bok choy replaced the spinach and sesame seeds with green onion garnished the flavorful chicken dish with Lo Mein noodles.

img_1498823_0_f02a6eb18fecfbbb0226b15152cf4833.jpg

That is some fine looking food there, Kayelle.

We haven't had patty melts for a long time, so I made those. American cheese on Himself's, Jarlsberg on mine. Sides were crashed potatoes and salad. We also shared the very last homemade pickle :cry: until the new batch of picking cukes hits the market.

Attachments

• 2017-02-12 22.16.46.jpg
    2017-02-12 22.16.46.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 113
I am cooking some COSTCO lamb chops sous vide to medium rare, then searing them in a scorching hot cast iron skillet to finish. Sides will be some spicy potato salad I made last night, and of course, beer.

CD

Follow up post: The chops came out amazing. COSTCO lamb has never let me down. Actually, most of their meats have been great. My only bad purchase was some sea scallops that were really tough and chewy.

The sous vide and cast-iron cooking combo worked perfectly. The chops were "like butta." Oh, I seasoned them with salt and pepper, and some Herbes de Provence. I read online somewhere (maybe here) that Herbes de Provence was good with sous vide lamb chops. I'm glad I did. It was a perfect herb blend for this lamb.

This is a meal I WILL do again.

CD

We had tamales stuffed with chicken and a little chili gravy. The side was green rice (tomatillo, pablano pepper, cilantro, cumin and onion).

We were lucky to get fresh masa dough that I purchased from a Mexican lady I met at a Supermarcado.

This was our first endeavor into "The Tex-Mex Cookbook" we just bought. The chicken filling, chicken stock, ancho chili powder and chili gravy came from recipes in the book.:yum:

36788-albums309-picture6862.jpg

Last edited:
We had a soup and potato bar after church Sunday to benefit our Youth program. My wife and I still love to work with the youth even though our daughter is a Junior in college now. I washed and cooked 108 pounds of potatoes. We had 12 crock pots of soup and chili and a massive salad bar. Raised $1100.00.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom