Sunday Supper ~ 3/29/2020 ~ Whatcha Makin?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
Chicken Cacciatore over Rigs.jpg
(file photo)

This is what's cookin' for Sunday Supper
at our house, Chicken Cacciatore or Riga
and some Trader Joe's Ciabatta on the side.

Whatcha makin'? :chef:

Prime Rib, Seared on a Flat Iron Skillet, Cauliflower Florets under a Mexican Three-Cheese Blend, Air Roasted Yukons, SoS.........

Prime Rib 3-2020.jpg

I grabbed a packet of pasta dough from the freezer and made fettuccine. Heated up some shredded beef ragu to top it and broccoli to complete the meal. A glass of sauvignon blanc to wash it all down.

What a bunch of good looking meals.

We had biksemad/Danish hash using leftover pork roast and pickled beets on the side. Served it with Wernesgrüner Pilsner.

Attachments

• IMG_20200329_184540.jpg
    IMG_20200329_184540.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_20200329_184722.jpg
    IMG_20200329_184722.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 131
When you can't go out, lots of cooking and baking happens, taxy. ;) I hope all of my jeans still fit when we can travel freely again.

We had fancy salads (spinach and romaine with cara cara oranges, blackberries, and toasted walnuts) and chicken pot pie.
IMG_20200329_195643814.jpgIMG_20200329_210048462.jpg

I fixed a Boston pork butt in my turkey roaster with squash, zucchini, onions, and carrots in the roaster also. Mashed potatoes and gravy as a side yesterday. Have enough leftovers for many meals.

When you can't go out, lots of cooking and baking happens, taxy. ;) I hope all of my jeans still fit when we can travel freely again.

We had fancy salads (spinach and romaine with cara cara oranges, blackberries, and toasted walnuts) and chicken pot pie.
View attachment 40052View attachment 40053
Such a pretty salad.

I snacked again. Little bit of this and that throughout the afternoon and evening.

Last night DH made this recipe for the third time. First time in 2013, used thighs, said Wasabi must have been too old. 2nd time, used thighs and cooked in the oven. Last night, DH used boneless breast and cooked in a skillet, just like the recipe said. It was very good. lol

Wasabi-Crusted Chicken Breasts - Bon Appetit -Dec. 2003

Our favorite little hole in the wall Steakhouse was closed for awhile.
"Steve's Sizzling Steaks - Steaks sizzling in house sauce are the specialty at this rustic American roadhouse dating to 1936."
But now is open for take out!! :w00t2::clap:YAAAAAAAAAY!! I was so worried. Hopefully this won't hurt them to much. I would hate to lose this little place.

We REALLY need to support these little businesses if possible at this time.

DD and I ordered take-out - 1 (14 oz.) NY strip (a perfect medium), fries, salad and a side of mushrooms to share last night.

Last edited:
Hi Dave! Good to see you back.

Such a pretty salad...
Thanks. It took Himself a while to adjust to the occasional salad with fruit in it instead of the usual carrots-radishes-'maters, but I've won him over.

msmofet, sounds like you have a little gem in your neighborhood. I hope they weather these tough times for your sake...and theirs.

Back
Top Bottom