Sunday Supper 6/13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lamb rogan josh, saag aloo, garlic achaar, and poori.

Attachments

• 2021-06-13 18.41.57.jpg
    2021-06-13 18.41.57.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 59
We had grilled hot dogs, cole slaw, confetti rice salad, pickles, etc. The dogs were a kind we hadn't had before and they were really good. The rice salad was an experiment. It was pretty good, well good enough to try to improve it. No pix, 'cause I wasn't in the mood to be bothered.

We were at Costco today and picked up a new item (to us) to try. Orange chicken similar to TJ's.

590634C8-5634-4D3A-9081-B5611A2E978A_1_105_c.jpg

Similar to the original but with bigger and smaller pieces. The sauce is similar and a little more tart. The package came with two bags of chicken, each with a packet of sauce. Each bag is a larger portion than the TJ's.

Had leftover Cornish hens, with smashed suds, and buttered corn. No Cheesecake! Had to settle for shortbread with raspberry jam. My life is such a challenge.:rolleyes::LOL:

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Made green chile enchiladas in the solar cooker, a GoSun Fusion, based on an evacuated glass tube (like a glass thermos bottle). She's trying to go veg, so hers had vegan "chicken" and veggie "cheese" shreds. Mine had chunks of turkey, serrano pepper, and grated white cheddar.

tRJYFiR.jpg

Four enchiladas in each pan. Started them around 5 PM with about 90 minutes of sunshine left. When the sun went down, I folded the reflector to hold the heat and keep them warm.

They cooked up nicely: enchiladas hot, cheese melted.

0YTJZ4X.jpg

Served with chopped tomatoes and lettuce, and yogurt (in lieu of sour cream.)

92Tx0Z2.jpg

Last edited:
We smoked a 4-lb. pork shoulder yesterday. I made coleslaw and thawed some baked beans leftover from Memorial Day. DH wanted to warm up the beans on the grill, but miscalculated how hot it was and they burned. Ah well, we learned a lesson. Everything else was good.
20210613_195719.jpg20210613_200439.jpg

Back
Top Bottom