Sunday Supper December 12, 2021

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Soup season! I made a pot of Italian sausage, beans, and escarole soup. Made cheesy garlic bread for on the side - and into the tummy. Tasty!

What did you have today? IMG_20211212_210046728_HDR.jpg

This wasn't dinner today, but something I made to take to some friend's house tomorrow, using 2 lbs of that venison they gave me. I made this when it first came out in Cooks Illustrated, Mar/Apr 21, and they loved it, so I doubled this batch. I only took one bite of it, tasting for salt...you wouldn't believe how difficult that is, with all this aroma!
Ingredients for the venison keema, except for the meat. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Whole spices for the keema, frying briefly in oil. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Onions added to the spice oil, and cooked about 10 minutes to brown some. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Venison added to the onions, ready to brown the meat. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Ground spices, added to the browned meat. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Tomatoes added to the browned meat, ready to add the yogurt. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Keema, with tomatoes, yogurt, and salt stirred in, ready to simmer 18 minutes. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Finished venison keema. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

I texted the son this photo, and he said he'd be making some Indian flatbread, and something else to have with it, but he's not sure what. They are re-modelling their kitchen - still useable, just difficult - so I've taken a few things over to them lately, that can be reheated.

A big breakfast out and an Aldi shopping trip made us tired and full.

We settled for a small green salad and crackers.

Aldi 7up cake was dessert.

Ross
IMG_20211212_154136216.jpg

We had breakfast for dinner. No pictures, but it was great. I made French Toast from French bread on the new Blackstone griddle along with oven fried bacon and scrambled eggs. DH tummy was iffy, so I thought breakfast would be easiest to handle. And, we watched movies on Netflix! Nice evening all around.

I made chicken a la king with leftover turkey breast, served over mashed potatoes with a turkey skin cracker. I love that stuff on a cold night.
20211212_200614.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom