Sunday Supper ~ Dinner Thread 4/3/2022

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
DH & I went over to Mom's apartment today, she needed to sign some documents so why not take her out to eat.

IMG_1473.jpg

Mom ordered two side dishes, Mac n Cheese and Broccolini with a Chili Vinaigrette - she ate it ALL! :LOL:

IMG_1475.jpg

DH's Ham & Swiss, ginormous!

IMG_1476.jpg

My Rosemary Chicken with Peas and Penne, all covered in a Lemon Cream Sauce - I could only eat half.

IMG_1477.jpg

AND dessert, Carrot Cake, Chocolate Cake

IMG_1478.jpg

and a chocolate chip Scone

Mom claims to not have a good appetite :LOL: yeah right! She ate that entire piece of Carrot Cake too :ROFLMAO:

What's in front of you at your table?

What a coincidence! I took some drumsticks out of the freezer (mainly because I just put in 3 more vacuum seal bags of some I got on sale at Aldi), and cooked it in the IP, then sort of shredded the meat (and put the skin and bones back in the IP, to make some broth). I had some leftover brown rice and barley in the fridge, and I used that, and some thawed green beans from last summer, and about 2/3 of that chicken meat, in a fried rice. I started with about 2 tsp minced ginger, and a large clove of garlic, minced, plus a tb of Szechwan chili paste, and a large scallion, chopped up. I made a mistake and forgot to turn my range hood on, and choked myself, with that chili paste! :rolleyes:
I added about 2/3 of that scallion early on, with the rice and soy, and the rest at the end. As usual, when I have leftover, I chop just enough cilantro for the present serving, and more, when I reheat the rest.
Fried leftover brown rice and barley. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Finished fried rice and barley, with green beans and chicken. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Soft shell corn tortillas with refried (unfried) beans, salsa, cole slaw.
Oat/fruit cookies.

DH had a craving for Italian and I wasn't up for making a full supper. He ordered some cheese stuffed tortellini with Italian sausage in a rosé sauce. I had Caesar salad with grilled chicken breast. It was really good, but a lot, so there are leftovers.

Rib Eye, Seared on the Flat Cast- Iron, then finished in the oven,
Spinach & 'Shrooms, Mashed Baby Reds..........

Rib Eye 4-3-22.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom