Sunday Supper July 8th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Himself had a standard pizza with meats and onion and mushroom. I made a version for myself that I knew he wouldn't want to share - white sauce with a bit of fresh dill, corn, spinach, prosciutto, bacon, mushroom, grape tomato. The were each blanketed in mozzarella cheese, baked up in my 2-shelf counter top toaster oven, and devoured. :yum:

Attachments

• 20180708_221441.jpg
    20180708_221441.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 159
We had a birthday dinner here for my younger son and DIL. They share the same birthday, although she wasn't born until the day he turned 10 yrs old. Cheyenne is a bit confused with Mommy and Daddy's birthday.

Tri Tip was requested and they were flat impressed with it done to 132 degrees in the Sous Vide, and finished on my "Wilma" searing burner. It couldn't have been more perfect. I made the family favorite broccoli salad, and my summer squash casserole, along with a Carrot birthday cake.
It was wonderful having them with us, and thankfully the heat gave us a break today in the high 80's. :D

We had hamburger casserole for lunch and supper yesterday. Will probably have the leftovers for lunch today, and maybe salad for supper.

Craig made some shrimp po'boy burgers with creole sauce. They were good but not good enough to warrant the work making them.

Himself had a standard pizza with meats and onion and mushroom. I made a version for myself that I knew he wouldn't want to share - white sauce with a bit of fresh dill, corn, spinach, prosciutto, bacon, mushroom, grape tomato. The were each blanketed in mozzarella cheese, baked up in my 2-shelf counter top toaster oven, and devoured. :yum:
Please, tell me what your white sauce is. I’ve been wanting to try a good white sauce pizza for a while now, but all of the recipes I’ve seen are just basically Alfredo sauce, which I don’t really like even on pasta!

How did you make your artichokes? I saw this recipe from Trisha Yearwood recently and thought it looked really good.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/trisha-yearwood/stovetop-stuffed-artichokes-4624791
Just saw this, GG...

Growing up in an artichoke area, we ate them often and kept them simple.. I still do.. This time, I used my IP..

I split the chokes, season the water (lemon juice and chili flakes this time) place them in the IP steamer basket and pressure cook for 9 minutes... Served with seasoned mayo for dipping..

Ross

Last edited:
Just saw this, GG...

Growing up in an artichoke area, we ate them often and kept them simple.. I still do.. This time, I used my IP..

I split the chokes, season the water (lemon juice and chili flakes this time) place them in the IP steamer basket and pressure cook for 9 minutes... Served with seasoned mayo for dipping..

Ross
Thanks, Ross.

Back
Top Bottom