Sunday Supper ~ May 3, 2020 ~ What's Bubblin' On Your Stove?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
I made some Pork Ragu back about a month and a half ago
in my new Red Pot that I LOVE!!!

DSC01095.jpg

IMG_5601.jpg

IMG_5603.jpg

IMG_5618.jpg
(file photos from last month)

I made a double batch of fresh Fettuccini to go with the Sauce :yum:

What's bubblin' on your stove? :chef:

I brined a chicken overnight. Right now it's in the oven. I'll make pilaf and steamed peas to go with it.

Kgirl, you and I bought the same pot at the same time. Mine is the pretty Teal color, and I love mine and use it often too. The size keeps me from cooking for an army. Your dinner looks great by the way. How about a recipe please?

I'll be grilling wings and asparagus in a couple hours, and serve it with some of my special rice pilaf.

Last edited:
Pan salmon, left-over couscous, asparagus with a tomato and black olive dressing.

Attachments

• 20200503_190740.jpg
    20200503_190740.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 76
Kgirl, you and I bought the same pot at the same time. Mine is the pretty Teal color, and I love mine and use it often too. The size keeps me from cooking for an army. Your dinner looks great by the way. How about a recipe please?

I'll be grilling wings and asparagus in a couple hours, and serve it with some of my special rice pilaf.

Here ya go :
https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f21/homemade-marinara-ala-k-girl-104534.html#post1623994

Enjoy!

<edit: I forgot to saw, nowadays, we don't eat as much food as we use to in our younger days... I half the recipe now...

I made some Pork Ragu back about a month and a half ago
in my new Red Pot that I LOVE!!!

View attachment 40749

View attachment 40750

View attachment 40751

View attachment 40752
(file photos from last month)

I made a double batch of fresh Fettuccini to go with the Sauce :yum:

What's bubblin' on your stove? :chef:

homemade pasta.jpg

I dunno what happened, but some of the Fettuccini
broke apart while cooking :huh:

IMG_5831.jpg

Oh well, it sure did taste GREAT!!!
*belch*

DH: wanna go for a walk, it's still early and the Sun's still out
Moi : What, are you nuts? I'm STUFFED!
DH: What's for dessert by the way?

:LOL:

Made a version of Bibimbap with the veggies I had in the fridge. Roasted the radishes, shaved Brussels sprouts, and mushroom. The rest were uncooked. Put it all over brown rice.

Made a beef and ginger broth to go with. 20200503_195619.jpg20200503_195518.jpg

Here's the finished product..Souschef ate three helpings of the special rice pilaf. Here's the recipe if anyone is interested...
T&T Porcini Pilaf
3/4 cup of jasmine rice, with 1/4 cup of Orzo pasta, saute' in butter till nicely colored. I add two cups of chicken broth, about 2 tbs. of dried Porcini mushroom pieces, a sprinkle of dried onion flakes, a couple of shakes of Worcestershire sauce, about 1/2 tsp of curry powder, and salt to taste.
Bring to boil, cover, and turn heat down to lowest setting. In 15 min. it is ready to fluff, and return lid for another 5 min. I served it topped with sliced almonds and fresh snipped chives from our garden. Perfect every time!!

Attachments

• P5030021.jpg
    P5030021.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
We had breakfast for supper: Dirty eggs*, ham slices, toasted (homemade) rye bread, and fresh cantaloupe.

* A pan full of sauteed diced onions and mushrooms mixed with just enough scrambled egg to hold them together. Barely.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom