Sunday Supper Sept 29 - What are YOU having?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveSoMD

Master Chef
Moderator Emeritus
I actually know this one already.

We are having friends over for dinner tonight so the menu got planned yesterday. I'm making Apple-topped pork roast, butter nut squash gnocchi with browned butter, and roasted asparagus. Dessert will be a pear crumble (because I am trying to use up all the pears off the tree).

That reminds me, I've got some pears in the truck a friend gave me the other day.
I already have my Cincinnati chili on the stove simmering. My toughest decision will be whether or not to turn the French bread into garlic bread or leave it plain.

Pac's posts have me hankering for chili. And I'm hoping there might be some garlic bread in the freezer.

Last edited:
After seeing a cavatelli/gnocchi maker used on "Top Chef Masters", we bought one yesterday. Oops! I forgot to take anything we had planned for this weeks dinners out. What should we have?:ROFLMAO:

Roast Beast, probably pot roasted as it's a bottom round roast. I'm not sure if the 'taters will get roasted or boiled and mashed. There will definitely be roasted carrots and onions and lots of gravy ;) Maybe some fluffy biscuits too. There is rhubarb crisp for dessert. :)

Chili turned out great! I used some of my roasted cherry toms. It may not make it to dinner....

Out and about today. Grocery shopping and stopped at Costco. Spent $117 @ each store. Fortunately only stopped at two.

Picked up a rotisserie chicken at Costco for dinner. I'll make some pilaf and SO always wants peas with pilaf.

Out and about today. Grocery shopping and stopped at Costco. Spent $117 @ each store. Fortunately only stopped at two.

Picked up a rotisserie chicken at Costco for dinner. I'll make some pilaf and SO always wants peas with pilaf.

Do you reheat the whole bird for dinner or carve it up when you get it home?

I love their chickens, $5 for the next 7 days of meals for the two of us. 14 servings is a great deal.

Pot roast w/carrots, onions, celery, mushrooms, a few small waxy red potatoes and a cabbage salad.

Dreaming about warm apple crisp with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, but tomorrow is Doctor day! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Curry beef stew, low and slow in the oven. It's a one pot meal, beef, potato's and throw in some peas at the end, done. That will keep us for the next two nights.

I have hashbrown casserole with ham chunks in the oven. Not sure if I'll be adding green beans or broccoli with it.

Back
Top Bottom