Sunday, Wonderful Sunday Dinner - 12/15/2019

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cookieee

Sous Chef
At least I hope it will be. DH wanted to make this last night, but I begged off. I ate a very late lunch and just wasn't up to all of this. It sounds soo good, today I am going to leave plenty of room for this. He is making "Hoisin & Marmalade Chicken with Baby Bok Choy". It is from the October issue of Rachael Ray's magazine. Will let you all know later how it turns out.

SO is running around like a crazy lady with a credit card between her lips and I asked WHY? on a sunday! I made her (well requested nicely) if she would drop me at the grocery store and I picked up some coleslaw shreds and blue cheese for dressing and a pack of spare ribs. She also nicely dropped me off back at home before she zoomed off. Football starts in about an hour so she can only do so much damage a little longer!!

I have all the rib rub ingredients for Katie's rib recipe she shared yesterday. The recipe struck just the right cord. Going to oven bake rather than crockpot and use our own bbq sauce recipe. A pan of corn bread and blue cheese sauced cole slaw along side. We be happy.

20191215_151013.jpgSuper simple, king crab legs and butter. I always add too much garlic to the butter. Pinch of basil, I'm out of parsley.

Small batch there, might have seconds w butter w no garlic.

It's a nice day here, sunny and close to 60F, so we're going to have grilled steaks ribeye for DH and his dad and a New York strip for me. I'll heat up some leftover roasted new potatoes and green beans and make salad for sides.

Beautiful day here too and we'll also be having rib eye GG. I have mine in the sous vide and it will be finished on the Wilma burner. Loaded spuds and salads with garlic toast will be on the side.
I'm glad you are spending time with "Dad" GG. How is he doing in his new digs?

We haven't had breakfast for dinner for a while, so I remedied that today. Sausages, sauteed apples, scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese, and from scratch pancakes with real maple syrup.IMG_20191215_190102469.jpg

At least I hope it will be. DH wanted to make this last night, but I begged off. I ate a very late lunch and just wasn't up to all of this. It sounds soo good, today I am going to leave plenty of room for this. He is making "Hoisin & Marmalade Chicken with Baby Bok Choy". It is from the October issue of Rachael Ray's magazine. Will let you all know later how it turns out.

The chicken turned out to be very tasty. Thank goodness not too sweet with the orange marmalade. It was strange to have the rice cooked in the oven tho. But that's another story. lol

Still feeling under the weather, DH even has laryngitis from too much coughing. We ordered from Dunn's. A classic hamburger with fries for DH and a Cobb salad for me.

Grilled beef tenderloin with bernaise sauce and oven roasted matchstick potatoes for us - it was great -loved the fresh made bernaise with lots of fresh tarragon!

As good as I've had in old Montreal when I lived there, and better than anything similar we partook of in Paris.

Last edited:
Today I had a couple people over for Mexican food. The black beans for the chilaquiles I cooked yesterday, and had a small bowl last night (I couldn't wait!). One of the friends is vegetarian, but eats dairy, so that's what I stuck to. The black beans for the chilaquiles were cooked with some epazote, onion, garlic, and chipotles, then blended smooth. Since there were only 3 of us, I simply filled the bowls with some chips, instead of a casserole, added the thinned black bean purée, and quickly topped them with some queso añejo, crema, and a little more chipotles and epazote leaves - takes about 4-5 minutes to get them slightly softened, but still crunchy, though the last bites are totally softened, by the time we got to them. The recipe was supposed to have some diced avocado as some of the garnish, but none of mine were even close to ripe. No big loss.
strmanglr scott Here's that photo.
Finished black bean chilaquiles. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

We took a long break after pigging out on those, and I ran a load in the DW. Then we had some tacos, made with some creminis, and some greens I had just harvested today, and cooked those in a pasilla sauce. This was served in corn tortillas, with some fresh white onion, crumbled up queso añejo, and some fresh lettuce leaves. We totally finished those!
Mushroom greens taco, with some gueso añejo, onion, and lettuce. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

We really didn't need dessert, after just those two dishes, but I made some small smoothies - I had some ripe mangos, which I added some lime juice to, and they were so ripe, no sweetener was necessary.

Chicken and andouille jambalaya. Seriously thinking about making "Cajun Arancini" with the leftover jambalaya.

We went to the Annual Forbes Family Christmas Dinner yesterday, ate way too much.

There was ham, turkey, creamed corn, corn pudding, green beans, collards, mashed potatoes, deviled eggs, mac & cheese, sweet potato casserole, and Kings Hawaiian dinner rolls. And our pickled cucumbers. Dessert was pumpkin pie, lemon pie, key lime pie, cherry cheesecake, blueberry cheesecake, sugar cookies, and fudge. They made everyone take home leftovers. We came home with 3 containers full.

Today I had a couple people over for Mexican food. The black beans for the chilaquiles I cooked yesterday, and had a small bowl last night (I couldn't wait!). One of the friends is vegetarian, but eats dairy, so that's what I stuck to. The black beans for the chilaquiles were cooked with some epazote, onion, garlic, and chipotles, then blended smooth. Since there were only 3 of us, I simply filled the bowls with some chips, instead of a casserole, added the thinned black bean purée, and quickly topped them with some queso añejo, crema, and a little more chipotles and epazote leaves - takes about 4-5 minutes to get them slightly softened, but still crunchy, though the last bites are totally softened, by the time we got to them. The recipe was supposed to have some diced avocado as some of the garnish, but none of mine were even close to ripe. No big loss.
strmanglr scott Here's that photo.
Finished black bean chilaquiles. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

We took a long break after pigging out on those, and I ran a load in the DW. Then we had some tacos, made with some creminis, and some greens I had just harvested today, and cooked those in a pasilla sauce. This was served in corn tortillas, with some fresh white onion, crumbled up queso añejo, and some fresh lettuce leaves. We totally finished those!
Mushroom greens taco, with some gueso añejo, onion, and lettuce. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

We really didn't need dessert, after just those two dishes, but I made some small smoothies - I had some ripe mangos, which I added some lime juice to, and they were so ripe, no sweetener was necessary.

Thank you, looks awesome. Nothing like what I get from the local Mexican place. As I said, they are not serving traditional chilaquillas. I got to get out more.

Everybody's dishes look great!

Back
Top Bottom