Sunday's dinner, 6-21-2020?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Potato skins, roasted chicken wings with our favorite BBQ sauce, and fresh corn fritters.

Attachments

• 2020-06-21 18.07.38.jpg
    2020-06-21 18.07.38.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 90
Tonight was a successful experiment. I made a 3 cheese tortellini (from the supermarket) salad with added charcuterie (chorizo, Black Forest ham, and salami cotto). I served it over curly lettuce leaves. It turned out better than expected, as well as I had hoped for.

We had meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and greens.
(Collards for me, salad for Frank. In the past year and a half, my perfect meatloaves have started to fall apart. I don't think I am doing anything different. It matters not whether I use oats or breadcrumbs, it crumbles when I slice it. Thoughts?

Attachments

• download_20200621_183152.jpg
    download_20200621_183152.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 78
We had meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and greens.
(Collards for me, salad for Frank. In the past year and a half, my perfect meatloaves have started to fall apart. I don't think I am doing anything different. It matters not whether I use oats or breadcrumbs, it crumbles when I slice it. Thoughts?

Are you "kneading" the meatloaf enough? Meatloaf is one of those things where you don't want to use a light hand when mixing. It needs to get a little bit "tough".

Costco bs chicken thighs, ordered and delivered Today. Teriyaki stovetop then finish in the oven, rice w/ extra teriyaki sauce, green beans with sesame, oven re- heated biscuits,

I made something with that first eggplant - a simple sambar, with a bell pepper, onion, and some garlic. I added some millet, along with the toor dal, and cooked that in the Instant Pot, cooking those vegetables in a sauté pan, on my induction burner. I added the sambar masala to the pan the last minute, with the garlic. This was added to the dal, along with the tamarind, and a little jaggery, and simmered briefly, while preparing the tarka. That only takes about 30 sec., which is added, and mixed in, along with a couple of tb of chopped cilantro.
Eggplant and bell pepper sambar by pepperhead212, on Flickr

We (family relocated to Missouri from Cali) have been frustrated with being unable to find Chinese food, locally, with tastes we are used to..

Daughter and grandson decided to make a Chinese dinner using recipes obtained from friends who had restaurants we frequented in Cali..

The result was a delicious dinner of Chow Mein with house made Chinese pork, Peas and Eggs and marinated grilled chicken.. The only thing purchased was wonderful chicken Gyoza from Sam's club..

Lovely meal..

Ross

Are you "kneading" the meatloaf enough? Meatloaf is one of those things where you don't want to use a light hand when mixing. It needs to get a little bit "tough".

I think so. I never had an issue with it until the past year or so. I wondered if the ground beef was different. Same fat content. Who knows.

The shrimp and pasta dish looks gorgeous and delicious!

Back
Top Bottom