Sunday's dinner Nov 13th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Well guys sleep decided to not allow me to sleep It said get up you lazy head so here I am and dinner for my gang will be grilled Steaks, assorted mushrooms sauteed then used as a sauce for the steaks. angel hair pasta with the last of the green tomatoes. some garlic,evoo.snd avocado pesto. a green salad, some grilled asparagus with prosciutto and Parmesan and maple butternut squash. biscuits.Chocolate cake and ice cream for dessert.

Last edited:
This Sunday has my Personal Pigskin Challenge in St Louis. And there were a few things I wanted to make, so I will (and already did).

Supper will consist of a pork steak seasoned and grilled, then braised with BBQ sauce and beer until tender. Apparently BBQed pork steaks are pretty popular fare in St Louis, as are toasted ravioli, so toasted ravioli will accompany my pork steak tonight.

In the meantime, when I read about the St Louis Slinger... well, anyone that knows me knows that this is right up my alley :chef:
Hash browns topped with a hamburger patty, topped with 2 over easy eggs, topped with chili, topped with cheddar cheese and onions. And as soon as I post this, washed down with a big glass of milk. Then I will topple onto the couch :LOL:

Attachments

• PPPC week-10 St Louis Slinger.jpg
    PPPC week-10 St Louis Slinger.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 154
Very mild here today and cloudy, but the wind's howling and blowing with an attitude. I even think I saw Dorothy and Toto fly by the kitchen window.

We're having rotisserie chicken with garlic and fresh rosemary, sauteed onions and mushrooms, potatoes "some way," corn-on-the-cob, iced tea and the last of the spice cake for dessert. Wanted a green veggie, but nothing inspired me. We'll be stuffed regardless.

We're headed out for dinner again today. Meeting up with a long-time buddy and his wife for dinner at a Chinese restaurant.

Yeah, poor timing. Last night was a family obligation thing. We ate at Not Your Average Joes. I'm not in a hurry to go back.

Tonight we're having good Chinese food.

Sunday Dinner with my family gathered "round the table is one of my most cherished weekly events. Closing out the 3 day weekend; I decided to make a special favorite.

Crab cakes with Beurre Blanc, scalloped potatoes with rosemary, shallots and lardons, roasted white and green asparagus bundles wrapped with prosciutto, a simple salad tossed with a balsamic blood orange vinaigrette, and a lemon tart for dessert. Time to put on a little music and get cooking. I love Sundays! Wishing you all a happy one, as well.

I love the idea of the avocado pesto--how refreshing and creamy that sounds! Can you share your recipe for that? Many thanks!

Crispy boneless loin pork chops with roasted root vegetables, Boudin sourdough with butter, and a 2007 Hidden Leaf Cellars Cabernet Franc

I love the idea of the avocado pesto--how refreshing and creamy that sounds! Can you share your recipe for that? Many thanks!
Gladly. I'll put the recipe in the vegetable forum.
kades

While spelunking in the freezer, I found a small pack of previously grilled flatiron steak strips. Am thinking stir fry of some sort. With Vanishing Oatmeal Bars for dessert.

Pecanis, that's a tasty looking breakfast you had this morning.

Dinner today is Swedish Meatballs with mashed potatoes and gravy. I once had some broccoli at a chain restaurant where they jammed shards of garlic granules into the florets. The garlic stayed nutty. I think it was the only good thing about that dinner. Anyway, I 'm going to try this today and see how they turn out. I can't imagine someone doing this in a restaurant. I have a carton of unopened Disappearing chocolate ice cream. It's best if it remains sealed for now ;).

Thanks Whiska! It really hit home about six hours later, lol.
And I get a lot of pecanis when folks look at my name. I think I've had a pancanis a time or two, also ;^)

Soup and sammie for dinner. I had a grilled cheese and a bowl of lentil soup with a small amount of brown rice in it. I love the fact that lentils and rice when eaten together form a complete protein. Very healthy. My older girl couldn't wait to eat. She loves lentil and brown rice soup.

Lemon Garlic Pepper Roasted Chicken, stuffing and gravy, and collard greens

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom