Sunday's dinner Nov 2nd..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeff G.

Head Chef
Roast eye of round. I heavily seasosned and put it in the oven at 500F for 15 minutes, I just turned it down to 250F and will let it roast to Medium rare.

I have a HUGE sweet potato I will toss in and bake, serve with butter and brown sugar..

The left over beef I will slice for sandwiches next week.

Should be TERRIFIC....

lots of stuff going on the "Q" today ..
abts .. ham, pepperoni and pepper jack cheese fatty ..
baby back ribs .. meat loaf for lunch next week ..
chicken thighs for chicken alfreado on monday ..
some foil packet red potatoes and a salad ..
better get busy ...:chef:

T-Bone on the grill, baked taters..... not sure what else. Very simple and rustic today!

I don't have as much going on the Q.....
A rack of babybacks, some ABTs, and maybe something else...
Also making some slaw.

First, I'm drawing a blank...what are ABTs? I'm sure I know but nothing is coming forward in my mind.

As for dinner for me, it's a gloriously beautiful day, so I took a nice piece of london broil out of the freezer. Will do it on the grill just to "rare" and have a baked potato and a salad. Made cake mix cookies earlier, so dessert's set, too.

First, I'm drawing a blank...what are ABTs? I'm sure I know but nothing is coming forward in my mind.

As for dinner for me, it's a gloriously beautiful day, so I took a nice piece of london broil out of the freezer. Will do it on the grill just to "rare" and have a baked potato and a salad. Made cake mix cookies earlier, so dessert's set, too.
jalapenoes stuffed with your choice of cheese and maybe some meat
then wrapped in bacon ...

I have no doubt they will be coming from pacanis' kitchen! Rather colorful name eh?

Just got back from Vitamia in Garfield....

Cheese ravioli with 'sunday gravy'...meatballs, sweet sausage and bracciole.
Garlic bread with tomatoes and mozzarella
Tossed salad

dessert is any of the myriad leftover cakes and pies and cookies and brownies from yesterday.

A bottle of chianti would go nicely...

I had Forgotten how good a properly roasted beef roast tasted like.

Generally when I, or someone else cooks a beef roast it is cooked with veggies etc in a pot. This time, I seasoned an eye of round, placed it on a rack and roasted it.

Such intense flavors! Moist, tender, the seasonings penetrating well into the meat.

Make sure you use a thermometer, you don't want to over cook it. I cooked mine to just under 160F then let it rest for 20 minutes before slicing. I didn't want it too rare as I will be using the leftovers for sandwich meat.

Oh, the side dish, a HUGE sweet potato in the microwave.. I could only eat half of it! and a small wedge of iceberg lettue with sweetened mayonnaise and cracked black pepper for a salad.

Hmm, I thought I posted in here already. :ermm: Guess not. lol

I prepared a pork roast in my slow cooker with celery, onions and potatoes. I used a prepackaged seasoning packet, only because I couldn't figure out which ones to use. Also made some cornbread muffins.

I had planned to make cupcakes for dessert...and I still will, only later. I was watching Foodnetwork (as usual lol) and Danny Boome made some continental smores and I just had to have 'em. I had all the ingredients except the sea salt so I went for it. They were awesome and my daughter LOVED them!

For anyone interested, I butterfly split two butter croissants and spread some melted marshmallows on them (after toasting the bread lightly). He used marshmallow creme but I didn't have any. Then I placed three squares of Dove dark chocolate in each and popped em back in the oven (broiler) to melt the chocolate. Did I mention they were YUUUUUMY?! Oh my!! As for the sea salt, he sprinkled it lightly on the chocolate to bring out the sweetness more, but I didn't have any. I'll have to try it with the salt later, but for now they were DE-LISH! *sigh* I love Foodnetwork! :D

gray and chilly today. Roast chicken, pan gravy, mashers with swedes, sauteed cabbage, and a little pecan pie for desert!

Dunno. probably ham sandwiches from the leftovers...
OOOO or maybe some omlettes and fried potatoes....
yep. ham n cheese omlettes and fried potatoes.
:)

We had roast chicken, potatoes, parsnips, carrots and brussel sprouts. I also made a sweet potato soup for the boys to have at school next week.

I wanted to grill steaks today, but dh insists we go out to dinner. I think I'll give in. lol
I had an open house again for my mom's condo. We actually had a lot of people come through. Hopefully it will get sold soon.

Barb

things are coming along nicely ...

Attachments

• DSC_0007 [].JPG
    DSC_0007 [].JPG
    164.7 KB · Views: 189

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom