Sunday's dinner, Oct. 30th, 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm thinking about throwing the two bones from last night's prime rib roast in the nuker, giving them a slow warm, then going caveman on them. I'm getting a little hungry from eating my big meal so early.

I took an afternoon nap and discovered that the hubster was thawing ground beef for burgers. Lovely surprise. The burgers were served on whole wheat "One Buns" and were yummy.

taxlady said:
I took an afternoon nap and discovered that the hubster was thawing ground beef for burgers. Lovely surprise. The burgers were served on whole wheat "One Buns" and were yummy.

Taxlady, I am shipping you my husband for training. Hope you don't mind.

Last edited:
I am so bussy making a jelly today, kids had scrape the leftovers for them selves. Wife was at work, also had to come up with something to eat. I do not remember if I ate alltogether, but I do know I am hungry right now.

I made a chocolate cake for dessert and had an oops with the cocoa. I put 3/4 cup instead of 1/4 cup. The cake turned out a bit dry. I'm having some with a glass of red wine.

Shells Sorrento: Shell pasta with tuna, sauteed garlic, black olives, canned tomatoes, dry white wine, basil, mint, etc. Roasted cauliflower on the side.

I finally got around to brining a pork tenderloin that had been in the freezer too long, and made it en croute with some puff pastry, also in the freezer too long. Meant to do it months ago.

I was pleased that the brining worked beautifully .... it is hard to time the pastry and the meat (tenderloins are way too easy to overcook), and I know the next time I do it, I'll not wrap the tenderloin entirely, just "cap" it with the pastry to keep the bottom from becoming soggy.

But in spite of everything, the tenderloin was juicy (a little overcooked, a little too long in the freezer) so the brine was a success.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom