Sunday's dinner/you pick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Okay, I threw out some ideas to the girls this afternoon. As you all know we all have sunday dinner together each week..Often with the addition of two other couples.
I gave them the choice of:

1- stuffed cornish game hens, the stuffing would consist of a small amount of bread, sauteed onions,garlic, pine nuts,dried cranberries, mushrooms,celery and a little bit of carrots, with herbs.. The veggie would be asparagus with lemon butter, and rissoto

2-chicken breast, pounded, then the chicken I want to wrap around a chunk of smoked gouda and the bundle that with prosciutto..saute the whole thing til done...
veggie would be tiny green beans with almonds and butter..
rissoto or my garlic/cream mashed potatoes

3-Thick boneless pork chops, cut a pocket and stuff with feta,spinach,pine nuts,herbs,parm, olives...Glazed maple carrots, and au gratin potaotes

Of course we will have salad and I have some homemade rolls, the youngest son has asked for cream puffs so that is dessert..
What would you pick. I have to shop tomorrow and the girls can't decide..

kadesma:rolleyes:

VeraBlue is going to post that bourbon pound cake recipe. I'll bring that along. (And I'll wear my amazing expando pants if I ever DO make it to your place for dinner!:LOL: )

Alix said:
VeraBlue is going to post that bourbon pound cake recipe. I'll bring that along. (And I'll wear my amazing expando pants if I ever DO make it to your place for dinner!:LOL: )
Bourbon pound cake? Oh now that sounds so good. That would be great.
Forget the pants, I'll meet ya at the door wearing a mumu and have one for you too:LOL: Then we dig in:ohmy:

And all kidding aside, I'd like to have any and all of you come for dinner it would be a great lot of fun.

kadesma:)

jkath said:
Kadesma, I pick for you to move next door to me.

I'll take one of each, please.
jkath, between me and the grandkids, you'd lose your mind:LOL: But I'd know that if I did live next door, you would be a wonderful neighbor. Now, one of each it is:ROFLMAO:

kadesma

Half Baked said:
I would enjoy #3 the most but they all sound really fine.
Thanks Jan, Would love to have you here with us...
it looks as if #3 is ahead:LOL:

pdswife said:
I'd have to go with number 1. But...as stated they all sound delish!
Thanks Pds,
eldest daughter just called as she finished bowling to say she wanted the cornish hens..We shall see what tomorrow brings :LOL:
kadesma

middie said:
Next Sunday go with #2
You got it Middie:LOL: I made that one a long time ago and I really enjoyed it. I think smoked gouda is one of my favortie cheeses.

kadesma

sounds like a pork kinda day to me. i'd pair your verts, very lightly steamed/seasoned & au gratins or your garlic taters with that. what kind of olives would you pair your pork with, kads?
will you invite me to dinner since you're my internet Mom?:)

Last edited:
luvs said:
sounds like a pork kinda day to me. i'd pair your verts, very lightly steamed/seasoned & au gratins or your garlic taters with that. what kind of olives would you pair your pork with, kads?
will you invite me to dinner since you're my internet Mom?:)
I'm not to sure on the olives yet luvs, I think I want an olive that is not salty and maybe a black or one of those big dark olive green type..I do have some of the piccoline on had so may go with them.. I just wanted to try olives and see...Thanks for the suggestions, I'm always open to ideas and what other like.
Yes, your internet mom invites you as well..You are always welcome.:)
kadesma

oooooooh MichelleMarie is right! Forget the spinach! They linked it to a CA company that provides for all the stores we shop at, including our beloved TJ's!

Okay, I vote for #1.

Michelemarie said:
Oh my gosh, they all sound good - I would choose #2 this weekend and #1 next weekend, I am afraid of the spinach in #3, although it sounds fantastic!
Oh I know, we heard about spinach last night..This is spinach that a friends dad grew, we picked and cleaned and then chopped and froze it..I would be very careful of any fresh bagged spinach...
Thanks for helping me out here...I now need to count up the votes and see where I stand..:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom