Sunday's Kitchen Effort 11/8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Seared Sea Scallops in Lemon Butter, Air-Roasted Baby Reds, Steamed Asparagus, Tomatoes, Red Onions and Celery in a Balsamic Vinaigrette...

Scallops, Seared, Roasted Baby Reds.jpg

I love scallops! I don't believe I have ever had a bad scallop, but yours looks perfectly seared and delicious! The potatoes and asparagus look amazing too! :yum:

We are having the second halves of our lunch sandwiches from Jersey Mike's. Tasty, but not scallop-comparable!

On the plus side, we have finally emptied the kitchen for the remodel to begin and are horrified at how much stuff was in that itty-bitty space. Unsettling, actually. :ermm:

Attachments

• fixed20201108_175716.jpg
    fixed20201108_175716.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
We were supposed to go to family for grilled tri tip but, Jeannie is feeling a bit yonky so, we settled for tomato soup.

I did bake an apple pie earlier, to take, so no tri tip for me, no pie for family. ;):ermm:

Ross

I was out of spoons, so Stirling was going to take advantage of the warm weather and grill burgers. Well, he is feeling really off, might be coming down with a migraine. So, we ordered from Thai Express. It was okay, not as good as usual. We both tried something new, and, meh. The cauliflower rice was better than I expected and much better than the previous time Stirling tried it.

Made run to Costco today so I couldn't leave without getting a RotChik. Had a chicken sandwich for lunch and a chicken quesadilla for dinner.

0C96E409-E1C9-4B7C-A873-D2BF93530F25_1_105_c.jpg

Everything looks and sounds yummy guys!

I took a note out of Cooking Goddess's playbook and made,
for myself mind you, a version of her Smothered Chicken.

IMG_6553.jpg

DH had said when I made this previously, that he
really didn't care for it :ermm:

Okay, FINE!
So I had 2 Chicken Breast cutlets + a tender to use up.

IMG_6552.jpg

DH got his favorite, my riff on Sizzler Family Steakhouse
Malibu Chicken
Roasted Yukon Golds and Green Beans for each plate.

WELL
DH was watching me put together each Chicken,
and decided that he did like Smothered after all,
and why wasn't I making any for him :huh:

So I made that little tender up for him to try

He proclaimed that I must be nuts to think that he
said that he didn't like this dish
AND
he likes CG's dish better than Sizzler's
:ohmy:

I'm going to need to write this version down :chef:

I love scallops! I don't believe I have ever had a bad scallop, but yours looks perfectly seared and delicious! The potatoes and asparagus look amazing too! :yum:

We are having the second halves of our lunch sandwiches from Jersey Mike's. Tasty, but not scallop-comparable!

On the plus side, we have finally emptied the kitchen for the remodel to begin and are horrified at how much stuff was in that itty-bitty space. Unsettling, actually. :ermm:

Save this photo for a 'before and after' when all is said and done.

Boy, everything looks good. Well, except for maybe your kitchen, Kathleen. That looks rather...vintage. Looking forward to seeing your new one. I hope the redo goes smoothly.

K-Girl, is that bacon I see on the tender? I need to try that one of these times.

We had a reprise of Himself's birthday breakfast for dinner. Not because it was sooo good, but because I'm using up perishables that need cooking in case we lose power. Aldi sausage links, scrambled eggs with mozzarella cheese, and toasted Aldi oat bread was on the plate.

Everything looks and sounds yummy guys!

I took a note out of Cooking Goddess's playbook and made,
for myself mind you, a version of her Smothered Chicken.

View attachment 43909

DH had said when I made this previously, that he
really didn't care for it :ermm:

Okay, FINE!
So I had 2 Chicken Breast cutlets + a tender to use up.

View attachment 43910

DH got his favorite, my riff on Sizzler Family Steakhouse
Malibu Chicken
Roasted Yukon Golds and Green Beans for each plate.

WELL
DH was watching me put together each Chicken,
and decided that he did like Smothered after all,
and why wasn't I making any for him :huh:

So I made that little tender up for him to try

He proclaimed that I must be nuts to think that he
said that he didn't like this dish
AND
he likes CG's dish better than Sizzler's
:ohmy:

I'm going to need to write this version down :chef:

Boy, everything looks good. Well, except for maybe your kitchen, Kathleen. That looks rather...vintage. Looking forward to seeing your new one. I hope the redo goes smoothly.

K-Girl, is that bacon I see on the tender? I need to try that one of these times.

We had a reprise of Himself's birthday breakfast for dinner. Not because it was sooo good, but because I'm using up perishables that need cooking in case we lose power. Aldi sausage links, scrambled eggs with mozzarella cheese, and toasted Aldi oat bread was on the plate.

That looks really good!!

Can you pretty please post a link to CG's recipe and a link to your revised version when you're done writing it up?

That looks really good!!

Can you pretty please post a link to CG's recipe and a link to your revised version when you're done writing it up?
There is no real recipe posted, so no link. It's really easy, though.

1) Cook boneless chicken. I use breasts, but I would think boneless thighs would work.
2) Sauté any and/or all of sliced onions/peppers/mushrooms.
3) Top chicken with veggies, add your choice of cheese (I've used mozzarella, cojack, Monterey jack, or Swiss), and either pop under a broiler or put into hot oven to melt the cheese. I've even microwaved it to melt the cheese.
4) Ham is optional. I usually forget to have it on hand when I make this. I like K-Girl's bacon idea, though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom