Sunday's Spread 8/1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Liver & Onions, Mashed Yukons, Corn & Peppers........

Liver & Onions, Yukon Gold Mash.jpg

Liver & Onions, Mashed Yukons, Corn & Peppers........

View attachment 48050

I love liver and onions. Yours looks about as perfect as it can get!!!

We had leftover pasta with homemade meat sauce for dinner tonight.

I spent my afternoon making meals for the week's lunches. Roasted chicken legs with orzo & roasted veggie salad. I have these glass lunch boxes that I adore. They make me feel less wasteful, etc. plus, I think they are cute However, I had to use a cleaver to chop the ends off my chicken legs to make them fit. :LOL:

Attachments

• 2021-08-01.jpg
    2021-08-01.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 51
I love liver and onions. Yours looks about as perfect as it can get!!!

We had leftover pasta with homemade meat sauce for dinner tonight.

I spent my afternoon making meals for the week's lunches. Roasted chicken legs with orzo & roasted veggie salad. I have these glass lunch boxes that I adore. They make me feel less wasteful, etc. plus, I think they are cute However, I had to use a cleaver to chop the ends off my chicken legs to make them fit. :LOL:
I have the same divided glass containers. I got them on Amazon. I love them. DD uses the for her lunches. I use them for leftovers for my lunch also.

... snipped ...I have these glass lunch boxes that I adore. They make me feel less wasteful, etc. plus, I think they are cute However, I had to use a cleaver to chop the ends off my chicken legs to make them fit. :LOL:

I have the same divided glass containers. I got them on Amazon. I love them. DD uses the for her lunches. I use them for leftovers for my lunch also.

Gals, it this the same container?

https://www.amazon.com/Fit-Fresh-Co...hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584482455018903&psc=1

I'll be making up meal preps for my Mother soon and was thinking of something just like these.
I'll be her "Personal Chef", which is what I was going to do when I retired, but I'm having too much fun!

We ordered from DH's favourite pizza delivery resto. He had the "Luna Special". I had a souvlaki platter.

I had a roasted chicken thigh, mashed potatoes & gravy, sweet peas, watermelon cubes, and 1/2 54% dark chocolate w/ Brazilian sea salt.

Kathleen, you like those dishes because your foods don't touch. [emoji12]

I did not feel like cooking. But we're short on leftovers and I didn't want take-out anything. After checking my inventory, I ended up making a creamy pasta dish with shrimp, bacon, corn, and Parmigiana reggiano cheese. It was so good I think I need to not feel like cooking more often. [emoji1]

IMG_20210801_205028137.jpg

K-Gal, those look.like them. I got a five pack on a.lightning deal a few years back. I love them! They have held up well but I do not microwave the lids. I also have not seen.replacement lids if and when I ever need them.

CG - Don't you know it! I love that it keeps everything apart!!! [emoji38]

The grandsons liked the turkey soup so much last night that they wanted it again tonight. This time, I' whupped up enough biscuits dough for 6 dumplings, steamed in the soup. They said they'd never had dumplings, and suggested that I tell their Mom to make them often.

My dumpling dough is made with the same ingredients as my pancake batter, but with butter instead of cooking oil, and with enough flour added to form the dough into 6 golf ball size balls. These are then dropped directly into the boiling soup, and covered. Cook for 8 minutes for dumplings tht are light and fluffy, and moist on the inside, and not soggy anywhere, i love dumplings as much as the boys.:yum:.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

K-Gal, those look.like them. ...snipped ...

I researched those dishes, but I feel that would be too heavy for Mom.
She has pretty good arthritis in both hands and that could prove to be a safety issue, what filled with hot food. Not to mention that most microwave ovens are combo'd with the range hood. Overhead reaching, not good.
There's another issue I need to be looking at when we get into her own digs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom