Sunday's Supper 11/7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Littlechef

Senior Cook
Good morning everyone,

I'm still on DST ... got up too early today, but even though it's a bit chilly, it looks to be a beautiful sunny day.

Dinner tonight will be spaghetti and meatballs, garlic bread, and sauteed broccoli rabe. I also have a bunch of mushroom to use up, so LP's mushroon gratin will will be on our table.

Enjoy the day:chef:

gonna make the tacos, that i didn't have last night. ended up with a home made sub sandwich and chips. tapioca pudding with whipped cream for dessert. it is so good , i just might have some tonight.

Beef roast with potatoes, carrots, onions, slaw, cornbread and pineapple upside down cake...The kids are coming to dinner and they do love to eat...

We are going for Chinese tonight all of us so it sould be fun.My grandkids love this place and are treated like royality. They eat til you think they will pop and I love watching them. Then of course Ma gets bites from all of them YEA Happy .Sunday everyone:LOL:
kades {ma}

I'm just about ready to finalize my chicken and dumplings. The broth is seasoned, I added a can plus the liquid of some mixed vegs, minus the potatoes. The chicken has cooled in the fridge so all I have left to do is debone the chicken and cut it up, heat the soup, mix the biscuit mix and make the dumplings. I'm getting hungry.

Homemade Chicken Soup

img_934800_0_1e52cfbf86dc6009ee688cecc36b37ea.jpg

Today I made Julia child's "Navarin Printanier" which is a lamb stew from "Mastering the art of french cooking". I've just finished nomnoming it. Delicious! It's a very long process, 4-5 hours. The pot went in and out of the oven 3 or 4 times, lost count. I'd made yesterday a beef stock using marrow bones, and that went into the stew.

I highly recommend doing both!

i love lamb :chef:

I made roast pork here too with potatoes, butternut squash and caulifoiwer.

I tried something different with the pork. Seasoned it with salt and pepper then I chopped up some fresh sage, pineapple sage, marjoram, and 3 cloves of garlic and mixed it all with some olive oil. Put the roast on a dutch oven with quartered potatoes, then rubbed the herbes and olive oil all over the roast and drizzeled the rest over the potatoes. Baked covered at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

Oh yum .40! That sounds fantastic! We're having pulled pork on your choice of cheese or crusty buns. Nibbly veggies as a side and, of course, wine!

I made roast pork here too with potatoes, butternut squash and caulifoiwer.

I tried something different with the pork. Seasoned it with salt and pepper then I chopped up some fresh sage, pineapple sage, marjoram, and 3 cloves of garlic and mixed it all with some olive oil. Put the roast on a dutch oven with quartered potatoes, then rubbed the herbes and olive oil all over the roast and drizzeled the rest over the potatoes. Baked covered at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

That sounds tasty Dave. How big was your roast? Mine is only maybe a pound. I cut it from a whole pork tender. Was not sure how long to cook.
I ended up eating some of yesterdays excess, I was busy doing domestic chores and decided to put off the roast until Monday. Now I am glad I did.TYIA

Fast food, cooked at home. LOL James will be having some frozen angus cheeseburgers and fries. I will have TGIFriday's Buffalo wings (from the freezer section, not the restaurant) and fries. We just got back from the grocery store and got the groceries put away, so we are eating a little late (I say that as if we don't always eat late! LOL).

:)Barbara

We had the pork tenderloin medallions in mushroom herb sauce that we were going to have last night. I served it with potatoes and mixed vegis with garlic butter. I posted the recipe here.

I usually make it with pork chops with the bone. It gives a slightly heartier flavour. But, the tenderloin was on special and I'm not about to pay extra to get meat with bones. It was also more tender than the chops.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom