Super-duper Supper Time: 8-5-2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
s-l225.jpg

I think we're having turkey. I had a half breast that needed to be cooked NOW, but I also have a steak that needs to be cooked NOW, and I think the steak needs more cooking that just a quick trip to the grill. The turkey breast has been in the slow cooker since about 3:30PM and smells about done. I still have to check the temp. The beef is going to become Beef Stroganoff as soon as I get off my butt. At least I cleaned the mushrooms!

Guess we'll have the turkey. I'll cook some fresh green beans, and maybe pop open a tube of Grands biscuits. At least tomorrow's supper will be done on time! :LOL:

Did you plan ahead for dinner any better?

We had meatloaf with ketchup, and mashed potatoes with gravy. Hey, isn't ketchup a vegetable?

SC cleaned up the last of the assorted leftovers, and I think I'll have breakfast for dinner. We babysat little Cheyenne all day so now we relax. She sure is fun.

We had meatloaf with ketchup, and mashed potatoes with gravy. Hey, isn't ketchup a vegetable?

Yes, and as far as I'm concerned, mashed potatoes are vegetables, too. And so is the gravy.:LOL:

Today I thawed what I thought was pork and it turned out to be the beef. So tonight I'm going to cut the beef up into chunks and bake it in a balsamic vinegar BBQ sauce. Along with some peaches from the Farmer's Market, that will be supper.

Shrimp, clams & mussels over Angel Hair pasta, w/ garlic bread.

img_1474994_0_bb6014102462943901bf1cb1b3240a36.jpg

I don't know what's wrong with photo bucket? It won't let me edit !

I made galumpkis (stuffed cabbage rolls), among other things, for freezer meals for my FIL today. I kept some aside, so DH and my FIL took them to have dinner with my MIL at the nursing home; I also made watermelon-feta salad dressed with lemon juice and fresh mint for them.

With the heat and humidity here today, and no air conditioning in my FIL's house, I was too exhausted to go. So I had leftover pasta salad and several tastes of the posole (Mexican pork and hominy stew) that I also made for his freezer.

Looking forward to going back home to relax ;) DH thinks we have made over 70 meals this week for his dad. This pic is from yesterday, so there's more now.

Attachments

• 1470455992010.jpg
    1470455992010.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Craig put together meatball subs with provolone using leftover meatballs and sauce from earlier in the week.

GG, you're a good DIL to do all that for DH's dad. He'll be eating well for a long time.

Thank you. DH owes me a pedicure with a professional foot massage for all the time I've spent on my feet this week ;) It makes DH happy, relieves his mom's worry about his dad eating too much junk food, and gives his dad healthy homemade food, so I'm happy to be able to do something for all of them :heart:

My MIL and I have had our differences over the years, but she and her DH gave me my beloved DH, so I will always be grateful to them.

Last edited:
I made galumpkis (stuffed cabbage rolls), among other things, for freezer meals for my FIL today. I kept some aside, so DH and my FIL took them to have dinner with my MIL at the nursing home; I also made watermelon-feta salad dressed with lemon juice and fresh mint for them.

With the heat and humidity here today, and no air conditioning in my FIL's house, I was too exhausted to go. So I had leftover pasta salad and several tastes of the posole (Mexican pork and hominy stew) that I also made for his freezer.

Looking forward to going back home to relax ;) DH thinks we have made over 70 meals this week for his dad. This pic is from yesterday, so there's more now.

You deserve a medal of honor for "above and beyond the call of duty" with all that cooking and heat in a non air conditioned kitchen!!!
No possible way I could ever do it! You're a very good person GG.

I had dinner in Mom and Dad's yard...they were out of town. I played with Jethro, trying to get the ball from him (I managed it once), and grazed through the blackberry bushes.

Back
Top Bottom