Supper 7-27-2019 ~ National Scotch Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Every cutesy calendar I saw mentioned that today is National Scotch Day. Not a fan of the liquor; if you are, celebrate responsibly. Most also mentioned that it is National Creme Brulee Day. Now that's a day I can go for. :yum: No Creme Brulee at Chez Goddess, but lots of leftovers. We'll pick from a sandwich worth's of Philly cheesesteak sandwich, Italian sausages, or yesterday's leftover pork chop in kraut and all its sides.

One more: it's also National Day of the Cowboy. What are you rustling up in your kitchen tonight?

Tonight's grub is a quickie. Corn on the cob, BLT with guacamole, pickles and chips (potato) and some black cherry gelato.

Last edited:
In this part of the world, it's summertime. Somehow, Scotch just doesn't seem appealing. However, gin (with tonic) is a wonderful idea.

I had a half pound of large grilling size shrimp in the freezer, and some cole slaw leftover from yesterday. I picked up some sweet Italian sausage, and grilled the shrimp and sausage. Also had some diced potatoes and onions in foil packets on the grill. Mrs. T was happy with the combination (especially grilled shrimp and sausage), so if the boss is happy, so am I!

We had store bought tortellini with pesto. Later on we snacked on Brie, radishes, sea asparagus, peas straight from the pod, and some coppa.

Zucchini, mushrooms, and brown rice. More danish gingerbread balls.

Grilled Huli Huli chicken, grilled pineapple, white rice, shredded lettuce and marinated cucumbers. 0727192014.jpg

Back
Top Bottom