Supper tonight 9-7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rickell

Senior Cook
ribeyes, monster baked potatoes with all the fixing, grilled asparagus
can't wait

i have been craving steak all week

definately will have to jog longer in the morning

Fried Chicken, Mashed Potatoes with Gravy and Corn. I'm down to the end of my groceries.......so the pickings are slim now. So its time to really clean the fridge good. But thats okay I go to the store tomorrow so it'll be all sparkly and ready for the new supplies. I only have a left over hambone in my freezer. I've been working at using up the food I have in there. The corn is the last of the veggies in there too..........yippee!!!!

I bought beautiful scallops at market this morning so I'm having scallops with a lemon vodka sauce over angel hair pasta. I'll start with gazpacho since summer has returned. I also picked up some breadsticks from the bakery. Last night I had a dream about a spice cake and today found a recipe for Applesauce Spice Cake with Orange Cream Cheese-Butter Frosting. I'm pretty sure it is my destiny to make this cake for dessert.

We're having Beer-can Chicken and fried zucchini. I might fry up a couple of green tomatoes, too. Kim & the kids have gone to Sam's, and I asked him to look for some good sweet corn. If he doesn't find any, I have some in the freezer I'll get out.

Oooooooooooo Teleri, the scallops sound wonderful. I have some in my freezer, but I think I'll wait til the kids are out to make them. I don't want to hear any whining.

I truly don't have a clue what to do for supper. Something chickeny maybe, we had beef last night.

Teleri said:
I bought beautiful scallops at market this morning so I'm having scallops with a lemon vodka sauce over angel hair pasta. I'll start with gazpacho since summer has returned. I also picked up some breadsticks from the bakery. Last night I had a dream about a spice cake and today found a recipe for Applesauce Spice Cake with Orange Cream Cheese-Butter Frosting. I'm pretty sure it is my destiny to make this cake for dessert.

sounds so good lemon vodka sauce how do you make it and would you use
it will other seafood?

I have been craving steak but I think I want what your having now.:)

We are having pork chops in onion sauce {kadesma recipe}, veggies and something else, not sure what yet though.

I have a brisket in the oven that I rubbed with salt and pepper, some chili powder,a little garlic powder,brown sugar and liquid smoke. When done, will slice and put on warm onion rolls and pass some bbq sauce..Potato salad from a day or so ago, cole slaw, and a pot of drunken beans..Am trying my hand at a bbq sauce, wish me luck:LOL: Picked apples from the tree and so stuffed baked apples with cream cheese, nuts, brown sugar,cinnamon and cloves, are dessert today.

kadesma:)

How do you make your corned beef and cabbage casserole abj? I love CB&C with mustard sauce and mashed pots., but have never made a casserole.

Finishing off the baked pasta from the other night with garlic bread made from leftover biscuits. Brownies and ice cream for dessert.

Last night I had to throw something together quickly, & it came out so good that next time I'll be making it on purpose - lol!

I had a jar of Trader Joe's Morrocan Simmer Sauce, so poured it into a covered skillet & added one package of boneless skinless chicken thighs (cut into bitesize pieces & lightly sauteed first in a little extra-virgin olive oil), one large baking potato (cut into bitesize pieces & cooked in a little water until almost tender), half a bag of frozen whole petite green beans, & half a bag of frozen whole petite brussel sprouts. I added several solid dashes of both granulated garlic & crushed red pepper flakes, then covered & simmered everything together until all the vegetables & chicken were cooked through. Served it over whole-wheat couscous.

Am so glad I have some left over for lunch today. : )

Ellen,

I have several recipes that I make for my casserole. All of which have noodles, corned beef, cabbage, and cheese.

The one I used last night I took YankeeGal's Kluski Kapusta as a base for my casserole, which is similar to most of the other recipes I use with the exception of using sour cream instead of soup, and then added my extra ingredients.

I made the recipe below, but after adding the sour cream, instead of cooking it an extra 5 minutes I added corned beef and cheese (a little extra on top) and then put in the oven on 350 until the cheese was melted.

Kluski Kapusta (Polish Noodles & Cabbage)

1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup yellow onion peeled; chopped
4 cup cabbage; chopped or
thinly sliced
1 teaspoon caraway seeds
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 package egg noodles; (8 oz)
1/2 cup sour cream (optional)

Melt butter in a large skillet. Add the onion and saute until transparent.
Add the cabbage and saute 5 minutes, or until tender but still crisp. Stir
in the caraway seeds, salt and pepper.

Meanwhile, cook the noodles in salted water as directed on package. Do not
overcook. Drain well.

Stir the noodles into the cabbage and add the sour cream. Cook five minutes
longer, stirring frequently.

dinner was fish w/ lemon, herb seasoning, pepper & salt, & tabasco, w/ some other items to go with.

Back
Top Bottom