Supper: Tuesday 13th March

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lulu

Head Chef
We will be having: left over cold chicken, fennel and orange salad, a very lightly dressed coleslaw and some ebly wheat. Its our first proper cold meal of the year and I can't wait :)

What is ebly wheat? I have friends coming for corned beef tonight. t's the only night we could get together, so we went for it.

Sorry Lyndalou...ebly is the trademark (I think its produced my Mars?) its a really tender grain of wheat that is really easy to prepare, you just cook it a little like rice and it takes 10 minutes and its makes a good side or base for salads. We'll be having it fairly plain, cooked in stock tonight.

Suspose to be a sunny 68' today here in Mi. , so I will be grilling ! Pork loin chops that I will first marinate in zesty italian dressing, baked potatoes and roasted broccoli w/ evoo and garlic, then a sprinkle of parmesan when finished.

Last edited:
i have an angus london broil defrosting, and some chicken legs, and a meaty ham bone.

dw says she's gonna take a stab at fried chicken, but if not, i may put the legs in a mango chipotle marinade/grill sauce for grilling tomorrow. also, the london broil will sit overnight in a dry rub of dried oregano, basil, parsley, onion powder, soy sauce, s&p,

the ham bone will be stripped of meat and fat, and tossed into the crock pot to make spilt pea soup. going to look up recipes for it today.

so far, i'm going to render some of the fat, sweat diced carrot-celery-onions, put into crock pot with bay and rosemary, chicken stock, peas, and remaining ham and the bone.

the makings for corned beef, cabbage, boiled potatoes, Irish soda bread, are already in the works.

I won't be home on St. Patty's Day so I want to make sure I have my corned beef fix before taking off again. Plus, the sandwiches, ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:ohmy: the sandwiches.

Ugali(stiff porridge) stewed ox tongue and Kale. How I used to dislike that as a child growing up in Kenya. And now, can't wait.The family do not like the ox tongue but like the stew and kale.

Having a dinner party: Stuffed roast pork loin (fresh bread crumbs, garlic shallot, fennel, spinach, panceta feta.) pan roasted veggies (onion garlic fennel parsnip carrot) a pan of roasted potatoes in pork cracklins, and garlic basil roasted tomatoes.
cheeses before and crepes for desert

Its 75 and sunny here which is highly unusual for early March. I am grilling myself a burger and I'm going to cut up a fresh pineapple for desert.

my wife isn`t well, seems she has some illness of some description, probably a cold or something that she caught at the gym (another good reason NOT to excesize).

so it`s Chicken soup and wholemeal bread for supper, I can`t complain though as love the stuff anyway, ill or not :)

edit: it Does mean however that she knows about the sectret pannel in my Lab drawer with the Scotch Whiskey in it (I could hardly say "NO" as she stood there next to me looking all sad and stuff).
me and my baby are still good though, it better stay that way too! :)

Last edited:
YT2095 said:
my wife isn`t well, seems she has some illness of some description, probably a cold or something that she caught at the gym (another good reason NOT to excesize).

so it`s Chicken soup and wholemeal bread for supper, I can`t complain though as love the stuff anyway, ill or not :)

edit: it Does mean however that she knows about the sectret pannel in my Lab drawer with the Scotch Whiskey in it (I could hardly say "NO" as she stood there next to me looking all sad and stuff).
me and my baby are still good though, it better stay that way too! :)

Your sympathy bowls me over:ohmy: :)

Thai style round steak done in the pressure cooker - Thai sticky rice (I hope 5 hours is long enough to soak it!!!), quick stirfry of broccoli, mushrooms, spring onions, and cabbage once the steak is done.

Dinner @ Uncle Bob's

Bourbon...Undecided as to which one.
Cajun gumbo...so beautiful and rich.. ah the aroma
Warm French Bread...I will "cheat" and eat a few bites.
Something Chocolate...gotta have my daily fix.
Bourbon...

Quite simple really....

Uncle Bob said:
Dinner @ Uncle Bob's

Bourbon...Undecided as to which one.
Cajun gumbo...so beautiful and rich.. ah the aroma
Warm French Bread...I will "cheat" and eat a few bites.
Something Chocolate...gotta have my daily fix.
Bourbon...

Quite simple really....

Will you adopt me?

I am still debating on what to have tonight, leaning towards Fish Tacos from Baja Cantina.

Tonight we had assorted paninis (at the request of my future daughter-in-law ) with a tossed salad and I made chocolate chip cookies for dessert.There were lots of smiles and yums!!!That made my day. Love and energy, Vicki

TATTRAT said:
Will you adopt me?

I am still debating on what to have tonight, leaning towards Fish Tacos from Baja Cantina.

I think we should all live together and everyone cook dinner when its their turn! Wouldn't that be awesome !! Lots of laughs and good food !!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom