Supper, Wednesday 21st March

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh wow. It's only 9:12 here. I'm not even thinking about breakfast yet and you guys are on dinner lol. I'm not sure. Maybe we'll do penne pasta with pesto sauce and chicken.

I'm cooking another corned beef so we have some leftovers for reubens, hash browns etc. I love reubens! I've seen several casserole recipes that I'd like to try, too.

I'm trying to use us all the items in my freezer and I've just about cleaned it out. With the leftover ham I'm making a crockpot of Ham & Beans. We'll have cornbread along side.

lulu said:
We will be having gnocchi with a creamy gorganzola sauce. :chef:
I'm coming to your house for dinner, Lulu! :pig:

Seriously... I have ingredients for two different vegetable dishes I was intending to make over the weekend, so those have to be done this evening (so I will have something to take for lunch the rest of the week)! Dinner will be a quick scallop saute with some broccoli rabe, probably in between the mise en place! :ermm:

Thanks ChefJune....a friend of mine ordered this in a restaurant while I was in Modena a couple of weeks ago, and ofcourse I pinched one, and I have been meaning to do replicate ever since, they were superb...and I am not even a huge fan of gnocchi!

its dinner time here,and i was gonna make us some hot dogs with lots of lettuce,tomatoes,cheese,mayo and mustard,and i sent for some potatoe stuffed nans from the bread baker who is just around the corner of our street.Its raining here and this treat is considered very special in cold rainy weather.

Last edited:
Easy supper tonight, rainy and dreary out, having chili cheese dogs, chili cheese fries, and caramel cake w/crm. cheese frosting.

Barb L. said:
Easy supper tonight, rainy and dreary out, having chili cheese dogs, chili cheese fries, and caramel cake w/crm. cheese frosting.

caramel cake with cream cheese frosting,oh my,yummm!;)

Sizz, I wish you could come help me clean out my freezer! I'm very good at filling it but I never seem to get around to using everything up!

That being said, it's clean out the fridge night here!:LOL: There are all sorts of leftovers to choose from so hopefully we'll all find something that makes us happy.

We did fridge clean out last night and I'm working tonight so I think tonights dinner will be nuggets and fries for the family. LOL.

PA Baker said:
Sizz, I wish you could come help me clean out my freezer! I'm very good at filling it but I never seem to get around to using everything up!

That being said, it's clean out the fridge night here!:LOL: There are all sorts of leftovers to choose from so hopefully we'll all find something that makes us happy.

Well I'm down to 2 boxes of frozen strawberries....some frozen tomato paste I didn't want to throw out.....some asparagus ends and a small amount of frozen corn. So I think those will be staying till I have some other items to pair them with ;) ..... the combination of all those isn't too appealing :LOL:

lulu said:
Thanks ChefJune....a friend of mine ordered this in a restaurant while I was in Modena a couple of weeks ago, and ofcourse I pinched one, and I have been meaning to do replicate ever since, they were superb...and I am not even a huge fan of gnocchi!

Hi Lulu

I would love to know how you'll be doing your gnocchi.
I've made gnocchi many many times.
But it can be tough.
It is all in the handling of the dough or I ask "lack there of"?
Years ago, on a local tv cooking show, the cook made lamb sauce with gnocchi and I made it as she was making it. Absolutly wonderful, but of course, I didn't write it down anywhere:wacko: .
Anyone's instructions would be very appreciated.;)
I have potatoes out the wazoooooooooooooooo:wacko:

BLTs on a "Rustic Bun" (never tried these buns but they look great) and instead of Tomato it`ll be BBQ Sauce and I`ll put a few slices of cheese on it also.

We're having panini's for lunch and Dh still hasn't said what he wants for dinner. It'll have to be quick as we have church tonight and I teach bible class.
DH bought me a panini press from Walmart while I was gone. It's the GE one and it was under $30. I'll let y'all know how it works.

Going to the Maid Rite and having a Maid Rite and an order of onion rings. To drink I think I will have a Root Beer! That will end a perfect day, we are having rain and thunder most of the day.:rolleyes:

I'm making trays of enchiladas-one for dinner here tonight and the other two to bring to our friend's houses who will need them now or later.Enjoy everyone.Love and energy, Vicki

Back
Top Bottom