Suppertime Sept 17th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Understood ~~~ I was just remembering when three of us was trapped up North....we had 4 rooms...One of which was our cooking/eating/partying room....Bath tub full of iced down beer etc. ~~ We had an 18 in Weber that we cooked on (mostly steaks) very night. ~~~ "Elvis" who looked like a 6' 6" ~ 320 Lb. Bayou Bengal, defensive tackle, would bring over fresh plates and silverware, and a baked potato if we asked for it....His tip was always an 8 OZ. Glass of straight Evan Williams.. He took very good care of us!! :LOL:

When I was a bit younger I did similar things. I is amazing what a few guys can do with an ice chest and a grill.

A lot of southerners consider spending time in the north "trapped" :mrgreen:

That's interesting. That kind of remark never occurred to me, nor have I heard it before. Trapped in the north means spending time up here?
Kind of derogatory, don't you think, if that's what he meant? :huh:

You got that right!!! That's why so many of you Yankees are trying to escape to the South... :smartass:

I think it has more to do with not wanting to deal with the snow anymore.
I'm sorry your perception of people that live above Nashville is slighted like it is.

Yeah, but what trapped you up north? That was my question. If you were stuck up north when we had one of our infamous snow or ice storms?

Sorry I missed this Fred....We were "trapped" in Memphis, Tennessee..."Da Man" what signed the paychecks said that's where we had to be....

I think it has more to do with not wanting to deal with the snow anymore.
I'm sorry your perception of people that live above Nashville is slighted like it is.

I have worked up north a few times. The people are the same as anywhere, most good with a few bad apples thrown in. I hate the winters. I hope to never see snow or feel a freezing cold wind again.

I have worked up north a few times. The people are the same as anywhere, most good with a few bad apples thrown in. I hate the winters. I hope to never see snow or feel a freezing cold wind again.

I like that Florida has no state tax!
No snow, reduced taxes... if it weren't for big bugs I'd be in heaven :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom