Taco (or not) Tuesday 4/13 Dinner??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Hot turkey Sandwich with Multi-Grain Toast, Parsleyed Mash, Gravy, Peas & Pearls ..........

Sandwich , Hot Turkey.jpg

Produce basket delivery day, so I opted for a very easy supper. We had smoked salmon on bagles, with cream cheese, sliced onion, and capers. There was also some potato salad, that came with that produce basket, as well as pickles and pickled onions and a bit of lettuce. I really like smoked salmon.

Produce basket delivery day, so I opted for a very easy supper. We had smoked salmon on bagles, with cream cheese, sliced onion, and capers. There was also some potato salad, that came with that produce basket, as well as pickles and pickled onions and a bit of lettuce. I really like smoked salmon.

Yes..I can't stop eating it..like potato chips. I make a pig of myself..:pig:

Looks and sounds tasty guys!

I'm going to make a very simple meal for us two this evening,
I've been pretty whipped lately, so easy it is!

It took awhile, but I finally found one of my personal
favorite Sausages, :yum: Dickey's Barbeque Pit Original Smoked
Polish Sausage-diced and brown, along with some
chopped Green Cabbage and Sweet Onions, all
served atop some Buttered (SSSHHHHH! don't tell DH-he claims to HATE anything with Butter and yet here we are :LOL:)
Wide Egg Noodles.

*OP's note: My Mother use to make this dish alot and she was raised by her Danish Grandparents. I "Googled" the origin of this dish and I found "... Eastern European and Russian ...", and of course Polish, so there ya go.

Left to right. Shrimp salad, shredded carrots and cucumber, steamed shrimp, dressing of kimchi base and honey. Sushi kushi, AKA Asian tuna tartare, dressed with sesame oil, sriracha, tamari and a couple of other things, avocado slices, and a honey, mustard, sriracha, sesame oil, etc., aioli. Crab rangoon, baked because I tried frying and the wonton skins just disintegrated. The baked ones didn't do great but were better than the fried ones. I'm going to stick with Asian market wrappers from now on and skip the regular grocery ones. Sauces were the kimchi base dressing and the honey, mustard, sesame oil dressing.

Attachments

• 2021-04-13 19.28.44.jpg
    2021-04-13 19.28.44.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 124
Left to right. Shrimp salad, shredded carrots and cucumber, steamed shrimp, dressing of kimchi base and honey. Sushi kushi, AKA Asian tuna tartare, dressed with sesame oil, sriracha, tamari and a couple of other things, avocado slices, and a honey, mustard, sriracha, sesame oil, etc., aioli. Crab rangoon, baked because I tried frying and the wonton skins just disintegrated. The baked ones didn't do great but were better than the fried ones. I'm going to stick with Asian market wrappers from now on and skip the regular grocery ones. Sauces were the kimchi base dressing and the honey, mustard, sesame oil dressing.

Yum, right down my line, lol.

I suppose you could call a tostada a flat taco...

We had build-your-own shrimp tostadas on a base of refried beans. Topping options were tomato, radishes, vinegar based slaw, avocado, scallions, cojita or Mexican blend cheese. Assortment of sauces. More refried beans on the side.

IMG_20210413_210217796.jpg

Looks and sounds tasty guys!

I'm going to make a very simple meal for us two this evening,
I've been pretty whipped lately, so easy it is!

It took awhile, but I finally found one of my personal
favorite Sausages, :yum: Dickey's Barbeque Pit Original Smoked
Polish Sausage-diced and brown, along with some
chopped Green Cabbage and Sweet Onions, all
served atop some Buttered
(SSSHHHHH! don't tell DH-he claims to HATE anything with Butter and yet here we are :LOL:)
Wide Egg Noodles.

*OP's note: My Mother use to make this dish alot and she was raised by her Danish Grandparents. I "Googled" the origin of this dish and I found "... Eastern European and Russian ...", and of course Polish, so there ya go.

Once again I say, everyone's supper's look and sound amazing!
CG, I LOVE Shrimp Tostadas!!!

IMG_0421.jpg

WOW!
That made a lot!
One Sausage + 1/4 of a small head of Cabbage + 1/4 of a medium Onion made easily 5-6 servings with the Noodles!!
Dickey's Smoked Polish Sausage has a bit of a kick to it ... I was going to share with the neighbors two doors over, but they do not care of any kind of spicy, so, right next door will jump the line and get their turn of shared dinner :chef:

Dh requested more quesadillas. So chicken, green chile, pepper jack cheese quesadillas, with Andy's ranch potato salad. Dh asked for seconds on the potato salad. Chocolate ricotta muffins with vanilla ice cream for dessert.

Attachments

• IMG_3453.jpg
    IMG_3453.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 44
Needed something soft to eat, after that dental work yesterday, so I made some simple dal. I put the moong dal in the Instant Pot on slow cook, and went out to the garden. Those things cook so fast that even on slow cook, they are done in under an hour! Then I just put it on low, to keep it ready, until I came inside. Then I did the tempering, with the tarka, which takes about 30 sec. Took longer to rinse the lentils, than all the rest of the work I did making this!
Simple dal, made with moong dal with skins left on. Needed soft food, after that dental work. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Had some more of this for breakfast this morning!

Back
Top Bottom