Taco (or Not..) Tuesday - What's Cooking 1/19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Chicken Leg and Thigh, Braised in an Onion / BBQ Sauce, served over White Rice, Breaded Okra, (Fried in oil this time...), Kidneys with Bacon...

IMG_5331.jpg

Chicken Parts, Braised Breaded Okra.jpg

Ooh, TACO! I lost track of what day it was, dang it, too busy!!!!

No Tacos here, but I did make some fresh homemade Pizza Dough this morning, only because I had to be up early for a repairman :mad::ermm::LOL:

IMG_4782.jpg
(file photo)

So they hot box is heating up to it's maximum 550º
:yum:
I'm getting hungry!

Ravioli. Filling was roasted sweet potatoes, mascarpone, vanilla seeds, S and P. Sauce was EVOO, butter, onions, garlic, Marsala, S and P, and some pasta water. Had 2 scoops of filling left, so I used them as garnish since it was too good to throw away.

Attachments

• 2021-01-19 18.41.08.jpg
    2021-01-19 18.41.08.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 45
Leftovers including a bit of steak to be cooked and shared, warmed egg rolls, some Chinese chicken dish mixed with rice. I made a from scratch apple pie today. I almost never bake and this one turned out perfect tart sweet.

Lunch was a burger and an arugula & tomato salad.

burger_salad_011921_img_7620-jpg.40387

We had pan fried sirloin steak and mashed potatoes. I didn't want veggies.
Strawberry tart for dessert later.

I was thinking of tacos - I had some cooked chicken I had to use up, and this is a usual thing for me to do with them, along with a quick Mexican sauce, and whatever veggies I have on hand. But I went to the Asian market today, and one of the things I got a good amount of, since it was very fresh, and it freezes well, so I stocked up on it. That gave me the idea for Tom Kha Gai, since I also had some chicken broth in the fridge, from cooking those bones and scraps from. That's a favorite soup of mine, and super fast to make - even faster with cooked chicken.

As I sat at work, eating my 7-11 tuna salad on wheat bread sandwich, I thought life would be brightened by a real dinner.....as in something cooked...newish.....something good. I went to the supermarket and saw scallops were on-sale! So...

I made seared scallops with lemon-cream pasta. Frank made Caesar salads. My day immediately brightened. :yum:

Attachments

• 2021-01-19.jpg
    2021-01-19.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 56
Scrounge night. DH had his leftover pizza and I had a couple of hot dogs, some Wasa knækbrød (Scandinavian, crisp rye bread, like Rye Crisp), and some stinky Brie. I'll probably snack some a bit later.

I was thinking of tacos - I had some cooked chicken I had to use up, and this is a usual thing for me to do with them, along with a quick Mexican sauce, and whatever veggies I have on hand. But I went to the Asian market today, and one of the things I got a good amount of, since it was very fresh, and it freezes well, so I stocked up on it. That gave me the idea for Tom Kha Gai, since I also had some chicken broth in the fridge, from cooking those bones and scraps from. That's a favorite soup of mine, and super fast to make - even faster with cooked chicken.

I'm dying to know. What was it you got from the Asian market that was very fresh and you stocked up on it?

So sorry taxlady! I had a phone call distraction when I was doing that, and left out the word - Galangal. When galangal is extremely fresh (not common here), I buy a bunch, and trim it, peel it, cut into chunks, and vacuum seal them, and freeze them.

Here it is corrected. Too bad we can only correct within the first 20 minutes.

I was thinking of tacos - I had some cooked chicken I had to use up, and this is a usual thing for me to do with them, along with a quick Mexican sauce, and whatever veggies I have on hand. But I went to the Asian market today, and one of the things I got a good amount of, since it was very fresh, and it freezes well, so I stocked up on it - Galangal. That gave me the idea for Tom Kha Gai, since I also had some chicken broth in the fridge, from cooking those bones and scraps from. That's a favorite soup of mine, and super fast to make - even faster with cooked chicken.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom