Taco Tuesday ... or not....9/1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
I cut these off the Huge Breast before I cooked it last week, and repurposed them today ..... Cute little things.....

Chicken Cutlets - before.jpg

Decided to pretend they were veal... lol..........

Breaded Chicken Cutlets Parmesan, Mushroom & Cheddar Mac, Broccoli and Cheddar Salad ............

Chicken Cutlet, Breaded , Parmesan.jpg

I put a beef roast cut from a beef knuckle into corn a week ago last Friday. Part of the liquid I used to make the corning brine was Guinness. Cooked it today in some water, beef broth and Guinness, along with Napa cabbage, carrots and baby Dutch potatoes. Sauce was a mix of mayo, Dijon, horsradish and a bit of Guinness.

Attachments

• 2020-09-01 18.23.12.jpg
    2020-09-01 18.23.12.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 74
I liked the sound of Cooking Goddess's chicken cordon bleu casserole. So, I thought I would give it a try. Instead of satuéeing the chicken, I just roasted it for 20 minutes in the toaster oven. I cut the breasts in half horizontally. I buttered a baking dish; put a layer of chicken; a layer of ham slices; and topped with grated cheddar (I didn't have any Swiss or Jarlsberg). We had that with lettuce topped with the rest of yesterday's pasta salad, and some wholegrain baguette dipped in EVOO and balsamic vinegar. That casserole is going to be repeated. It was really good. Next time, I'll put it in something that can go under the grill. It would look better if the cheese had browned some.

Attachments

• IMG_20200901_184158.jpg
    IMG_20200901_184158.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_20200901_184303.jpg
    IMG_20200901_184303.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 74
I'm glad you liked it, taxy. I've been thinking about maybe making a Swiss cheese sauce next time instead of just topping with slices of cheese. What say you?

I made Kayelle's "Summer Squash Casserole" tonight, along with baked macaroni and cheese, roasted Brussels sprouts, and reheated ham slices. Lots of the first two items left. Good thing, since tomorrow is Himself's second cataract surgery. We get to sleep in this time - he doesn't need to be dropped off until 7:15.

IMG_20200901_213649133_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
I'm glad you liked it, taxy. I've been thinking about maybe making a Swiss cheese sauce next time instead of just topping with slices of cheese. What say you?

I made Kayelle's "Summer Squash Casserole" tonight, along with baked macaroni and cheese, roasted Brussels sprouts, and reheated ham slices. Lots of the first two items left. Good thing, since tomorrow is Himself's second cataract surgery. We get to sleep in this time - he doesn't need to be dropped off until 7:15.

View attachment 42718

I think a cheese sauce might work better. I grated the cheese over the whole thing. When I cut the pieces, the cheese tried to fall off in sheets. :ermm: :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom